Chapter 64

Bowen

I'd never been so attracted to a female in my life, the way Sidney had rushed in to defend Fletch despite our numbers had pride thrumming through me. My wolf was drawn to her scent but he was also drawn to the way she defended my pack members, even if she also threatened to attack us in the process. The fact that Fletcher now reeked of her scent was both an irritating and an intriguing matter. The poor kid had frozen where he stood in complete and utter surprise although the delight flowing out through his link was more than clear, he was ecstatic of her claim. I should have hated the fact that she was challenging me, that she was claiming a part of my pack and ready to fight me for it.

 I should have wanted to rip her to shreds for that, but I still only felt pride and a slight desire for those same affections. I wanted her to accept all of us, and if that meant letting her claim each and every one of my pack then I would gladly allow it. The horror and fear that rolled off of her when Fletch stepped forward to show we weren't a threat had a whine lodging itself in my throat as I fought it back, no one wanted to see her fear us. Then slowly the horror and fear slipped away as she regarded us all in silence, tilting her head curiously as she eyed Jason laying in the snow. She seemed to be puzzling something out in her head and it left me curious as to what this side of Sidney's wolf was thinking.

 I couldn't help wondering if Sid had any control at all over her actions now, I wanted to believe she did, but I had no real way of knowing the answer. The silence went on for a little while longer before her stance changed yet again, this time her regarding look seemed to challenge us, as if she were waiting for something. Her gaze met mine and her lip curled slightly but she did not growl, it was confusing at first but my wolf seemed to understand immediately, she was testing us. She clearly did not trust us even if she had accepted Fletcher as one of her own, she still was uncertain of the rest of us. "She's challenging you." Colton murmured his tension through the link and I gave myself a slight shake to help me focus.

 "No. She's testing me. She recognizes me as alpha and she knows you will follow me. She is waiting to see what I do before making her decision." I linked back, her ears flicked forward intently. "Let me guess, the decision on whether or not she accepts us or kills us." Emmett growled softly getting a growl from her in return, he quickly quieted. "Well what is going to make the moody alpha female accept our presence, do we all have to go belly up to her of something?" Daniel whined out. "Hey I'm willing to roll over for her, it went well with pup boy." Beck linked out and the others were quick to agree as I studied the she wolf silently.

 It might work for them to submit to her but Fletch was a pup that posed little to no threat to anyone, I doubted she'd accept a strong fighter like Beck in the same way. Even if she did she wouldn't be relaxed around any of us, she would be too wary that we might turn on her if she didn't have stronger control of the situation, stronger control of us. The thought hit me so clearly then that I snorted over the fact of not thinking of it sooner. I was sure Sidney would be angry over it later after she regained her mind, but this was Sidney's wolf, and she demanded a certain respect, why not give it to her. 

She was an alpha in blood and power, and I knew she was a stronger fighter than I was, my wolf didn't even balk at the idea, he agreed completely. "None of you have to go belly up this round, there's really only one option that I can think of as working. Do you think you could handle a power shift temporarily?" I linked out to their stunned confusion. "Bo?" Colt had caught the thought and he seemed interested in it. "She'll hate me for it later and probably will force it back on me when she's normal again, but I think it might just work to get us through this week without too much pain." I linked thoughtfully to the pack as a soft whine hissed through Sidney's muzzle.

 She seemed unsure of our conversation and was getting tenser by each passing moment, if I was going to do this it had to happen fast. "Do you all agree?" I linked the idea to them and after a few beats of uncertainty they quickly accepted my decision, anything to help Sidney. "Well, here goes nothing." I sighed as I slowly advanced forward, her fur stood on end as she watched me, teeth bared ever so slightly in warning.

 She started rumbling a low challenging growl as I stood nearly toe to toe with her, despite my larger size she did not waver another reason that I knew I was making the right choice. "I will not fight, and we won't harm you, and the best way to prove that is to let you feel it for yourself Sid." I sighed into the link, even if she didn't understand I wanted her to hear me as I bowed my head to her and lowered my posture in submission. "I concede as alpha." And with that I gave her my entire pack, my entire life and existence was hers.

                                                 Sidney (wolf)

I was ready for the fight that the alpha would bring, my muscles tensed to spring at any moment. Then the alpha bowed his head and I felt his power flood into me, I stood impossibly taller as I stared down at the now submissive male in disbelief. He had conceded without a fight, he had given me his power and his pack to lead. Something wanted me to run but I could feel the others now, milling around me with their wants and needs, no one meant me harm. I flooded the ties to them with an appreciative acceptance that had howls of joy leaving them as I felt their emotions flood into me. They might be pack males but they were my pack of males now, and I was their alpha, no one would harm them.

 "Can you guys feel that?" The copper pup was excited the others recognized him as Fletcher, a recognition I saved with the others as they came flooding through to me. "The protection and acceptance of an alpha, she feels we don't pose a threat and she is sharing her link back with us now as a connected pack member." The previous alpha Bowen sent pleasing waves of contentment and I barked happily back with the wag of my tail. "Not just that Bo, we can feel everything she's feeling." Colton was the dark brown male that came to stand by me now his head lowered respectfully as I sniffed at him in greeting, I liked this quieter and calmer male. "You too Sid." Colton seemed pleased as I tilted my head at him thoughtfully, searching for answers from the others. 

Sidney, and Sid rang out in their minds with images of both my forms, so the familiar words were a recognition of me, I saved the knowledge in silence. The copper pup was prancing around with the male called Gavin as they wiggled about like newborn pups. "Great she thinks of us like pups." Gavin's growl confused me, he was upset even though he'd been happy a second before. "I don't mind." Fletcher yipped in excitement. "I thought you hated us call you a pup?" The red wolf Micah watched the copper one. "Well yeah you guys sure but when it's her, she makes it sound amazing, and I certainly don't mind." Fletcher crooned and the sound had me crooning back, it was a deliciously tempting offer he presented in his linked excitement.

 I was quickly flooded with the scents of their eagerness to mate as whines left them in pleading towards me, their desires flickering through my mind. "Okay, that's going to make behaving rough, we need to try to reel in our own links too, otherwise we'll have bigger problems." Colton shook himself and sent out feelings of calm and uninterest, I ignored him as I scented the air. There were more rogues coming our way and I did not want to fight. 

I was tired and very hungry, those needs were more important than having pups of my own for right now, it was time to hunt. "Her thoughts and moods shift so fast it's like I'm getting whiplash." Tucker whined as he drew closer to my side. "At least she's focused on finding food for now, let's stick to that, shall we." Bowen barked out as he looked to me for direction. "Let's hunt." I sent he command to the pack on an excited growl, and then I was off to find a trail of meat with my new pack at my back, maybe not it all pack males were evil.

*Okay... so I hadn't planned for Bowen to replenish his alpha crown. I had something else in mind but then this happened and now I'm just going to have to roll with it. I hope you liked the chapter, even I'm curious where this is going from here.*