Chapter 81

Sidney

It felt so great to be back in my own room and bed, even if it was still under the boys roof, I enjoyed the extra privacy it allowed me and my pets. I slept through the night quite well after my long relaxing shower until the following morning when a familiar feeling had me cursing my gender once more. I grabbed my bathroom bag and shuffled into one of the vacant bathrooms to take care of my business. I noted I would be needing more supplies before I headed downstairs for breakfast, following my nose to the sweet scent of coffee, all of my pets close on my heels. I grunted out a thanks to Colton who had my coffee ready as usual, taking the time to feed Sassy and the dogs before dogging into my own meal.

 "Well you're very talkative this morning." Asher commented softly, his sarcasm was a bit hypocritical since he was usually the quiet one. I sent him a glare with a huff as I curled my feet up under me, trying my best to ignore the cramps trying to destroy my innards. "Geez she's really mad, Micah what did you do this time?" Emmett taunted teasingly. "Hey, why me?! I didn't do anything to her, don't go blaming me you...!" My growl cut off Micah's defensive response. "Both of you just shut up already, I've got a headache and your shouting isn't helping, nobody did anything to put me in a bad mood, I just feel like someone is running me through a meat tenderizer and then a wringer to get all the bloody juices out." I groaned through clenched teeth, the metaphor wasn't too far off it felt like.

 "Well that's certainly an image." Gavin's lip curled in disgust, he clearly had no idea. "Anyway, what are the plans for today?" Colton questioned as he tried to change the subject. "Well there's nothing that I know of that was planned." Bowen puzzled out, I could practically see the wheels turning in his head as he triple checked his known mental schedule. "Great, then I need someone to take me into town today." I stated tiredly. "If you're not feeling good you should probably just stay here and relax." Simon remarked, clearly everyone was still stupidly clueless and I was losing patience. "Believe me there's nothing I would love more right now than to curl up in a ball and suffer in silence for the rest of my misery, but I can't exactly do that." I huffed.

 "Why not?" Beck frowned uncertainly and I scoffed. "Because you idiots, I need some supplies and since I doubt any of you want to buy me some pads I need to go into town today." I hissed out curling in more on myself as rough wave of cramps socked me in the gut, and now the fools seemed to get it. "Oh, Ohhhh." Emmett went a bit wide eyed in his revelation and all of them seemed fairly uncomfortable surprisingly it was Micah that seemed most accepting and relaxed about it. "Period pains, we forgot about that but after your heat." Simon winced apologetically. "I can get my mother to go buy them for you?" Bowen voiced uneasily. "No thank you. Listen mama's boy your mother is nice and all but I don't trust her as far as I can throw her." I barked out the rejection of that idea.

 "If it makes you so uncomfortable just give me the keys and I'll go get them alone, you know for players that got around with the girls in town you guys are all dumb." I huffed. "You're not going into town Sid." Micah murmured, great the whole no going anywhere alone thing again, I was about to object when he stopped me. "I'll go buy them for you just text me what you need." Micah sighed quieting me as I nodded to him silently, it was a strange but sweet little sacrifice. So while he headed into town with my directed supply needs I set up camp on the living room couch, pretty soon I had the room all to myself after my growls and glares scared all the others away. 

I was snuggling with Sassy as the only other female in the house since Bowen's parents were staying at my cottage, all three dogs were curled up on the floor guarding me when Micah walked in with a handful of bags. "Where'd everyone go?" He remarked about the others absence. "I'm a cranky, crampy she wolf, they all fear me and fled shortly after you left. Thanks for that by the way." I smiled to him as he tossed the bag of pads and box of tampons to me. "No problem, it kind of reminded me of how things were before I joined the pack. Did you know I've got a sister?" He murmured as he bravely sat beside me, my brows furrowed at that as I shook my head at him. 

"Her name's Sarah, she's a year younger than me and human, we were always close, until I shifted one day and my parents disowned me and I never saw them or Sarah since. I have to admit the first time my sister got her period I acted a lot like all of them but I manned up to help my little sister out and the whole thing only drew us closer, I really miss that crazy kid." He chuckled softly, and I felt like crying for him. "Oh, Micah." I pulled him into a hug, how dare anyone hurt this precious idiot. "Relax Gorgeous it was a long time ago, I still email my sister about once a month just to let her know I'm still here, we just don't see each other anymore is all." He shrugged. 

"Well that just sucks, why not invite her here, your horrid parents can't stop her from visiting." I was partially growling but at least he seemed to realize it was for him rather than against him. "Well before you came along I was too scared she'd fall for one of the guys and then my parents would abandon her too, not to mention I didn't want any of them to try anything with her." He grunted, I smiled at the obvious brotherly protectiveness of it all. "But since you're here I won't really have to worry about it all that much, I just have to get up the courage to ask Bowen and email Sarah if she's interested." He murmured. "Well I'm sure I can get Bowen to agree even if he is a bit hesitant, besides I've got your back on the whole family reunion idea." I grinned at him. 

"Awesome, but it might be better to wait until everything is settled, I'm not going to risk both of you being in danger, it's bad enough worrying about you." He muttered. "Well now you know how I feel times a dozen and four pets, but you have a point safer for her to wait for now. Also considering you've been doing a stubbornly good job of hiding that one bag behind you from me, what else did you get?" I couldn't help my curiosity and he chuckled at my eagerness. "Something to make you love me a little more right now, my sister always considered them a must have during her time of the month." He grinned before dumping the bags contents into my lap. I was covered in an array of chocolates, cookies, candies and hot cocoa packets, and one brand-new heating pad to apply for cramps, his offering got him another hug of thanks. 

"You sit back and relax and I'll make the cocoa, then we can watch a nature documentary of cute furry animals that you love so much. That's right I pay attention, sometimes." He teased as he grabbed some of the packets from my lap and headed to the kitchen while I picked out the documentary. Soon enough I was curled up with the heating pad on my back, Sassy perched on my lap and sipping my hot cocoa as Micah curled up next to me to do the same. One by one the others started to reamerge and seeing that Micah had apparently appeased my grouchiness for the time being they rejoined our documentary watching. 

"And you still believe this is better than titanic?" Emmett quizzed, my quick yep wasn't the only one that had him grumbling to himself and me grinning at a smirking Micah. So he was a total flirtatious player with a soft and sweet family side, maybe he wasn't as annoying as I thought. With that open mind I was keeping it was times like this one that made me want to hope their idea could work but I knew I would never accept the idea of an 'US' as long as their lives were in immediate danger because of me, but times like this it was a nice idea.

                                                    Micah

It was nice to be the needed hero instead of the annoying jerk who she veiwed more as a brother for a change. The next few days I was the one she wanted to be around, not the others, and if anyone annoyed her too much she started throwing things at them until they left her alone. Fletcher had still remained in her good favor for the most part, so it had been the three of us together during her moodiest moments. That time was coming to an end now as her hormones were finally settling down to everyone's relief, I was only hoping for my new friendship with the she wolf to last afterwards.

*This might be the last update for a long while, my grandmother has taken a turn for the worse today. She has pneumonia and her lungs are full of fluid, they took her off the ventilator since it wasn't helping and are making her comfortable now. So I'm giving you all an update so I feel less guilty about dropping the updates to be with my family during this tough time.*