Chapter 74

Sidney

I still wasn't thrilled to be wearing a shirt that reeked of male shifter but I was pleasantly at ease again knowing that they felt no hard feelings over my actions. I was however eager to get into a hot shower to scrub off all the nasty stink for quite a few reasons and get into some fresh clean clothes of my own, but first I needed to take care of another matter. I did focus on filling my stomach, saving the cake for dessert seemed to make Simon pleased, I really didn't care enough to go against his health conscious request to eat a proper meal first as long as I got cake in the end all was right with the world for the moment. 

While Asher and Jason got to work on the dishes I set my mind to my next task as I retrieved my bag of scent maskers from one of the bedroom, I winced at the disaster I'd made of the last bedroom I'd been in. "Eh, it's not so bad." Emmett shrugged as he and Daniel strolled into the room as I stared at the mess before giving them a short of disbelief. "I destroy all the pillows and rip up the mattress beyond repair, then leave the remnants scattered like a fluffy murder scene and you say it's not so bad?" I scoffed at them. "Okay so it's bad." Daniel shrugged slightly and I hummed my agreement. "Go get me a few trash bags and a broom, I've got a mess to clean up in here." I sighed towards them as I dropped my bag on the floor and pulled out a spray bottle, Daniel wandered off to do as I said, leaving Emmett alone with me, still not the wisest choice. 

"What's that?" He nodded to the spray bottle in my hands with a curious tilt of his head. "It's a concoction I created, it's basically a cleaning/disinfectant spray that also works to get rid of or cover up my scent." I explained as I wasted up one of the torn pillowcases to use as a rag and got to work washing away the scent marks I'd rubbed throughout the room. "So you're cleaning up the evidence of what happened in here?" He raised curiously and I caught the image in his mind, his memory of my little 'game' had me gritting my teeth as I sent him a scowl of disapproval. "M&M I might be behaving now but pushing my buttons coukd make me lose myself again and none of us need that right now, but thanks for at least being decent enough to keep it in your pants." I muttered the last bit through my growl as I furiously worked to eradicate my too sweet heat scent from the corner of the bed frame, Daniel's return was a great relief. 

"Here you go." He smiled and handed me the trash bag and broom, I took it with a nod as I sighed at the mess again. "Mind if we help out?" Asher voiced gently as he strolled in with another broom and bag. "You don't have to do that, I made the mess so I should be the one to clean it up, besides by the look of things it's going to take a while to fix all this up." I sighed, stupid wolf me for making such a big mess of things. "I don't mind, it's our room anyways, and if we help out it won't take as long as it would if you were cleaning alone." Asher stated as he started to sweep up some of the fluffy mess at his feet and the other three including Jason started to pick up the bigger chucks of mattress by hand. 

I smiled my thanks in silence as I went to work alongside them, a few hours and 3 trash bags later the room was somewhat presentable again aside from the half shredded mattress remaining on the bed and the no more pillows situation. "Thanks for helping out." I praised them all with a gracious grin as I sprayed down the last of the heat stench and deemed the room stink free. "No problem, we'll dump the trash for ya, but what are you doing next?" Jason smiled back happily and I hrabbed my bag of stuff in one hand and held my spray in the other. "Now I do the next room and the next until the place doesn't reek of my heat stink, then I'm taking a shower!" I called over my shoulder as I marched down the hall and into the next room.