Chapter 92

Simon

Trying to explain to this stupid human doctor that in order for Sidney to heal we needed to take her home was really trying my patience, he refused to accept her leaving until he cleared her. We couldn't leave with her and not cause a scene until he okayed her release to our custody, and his refusal was making kidnapping Sid and taking her home a LOT more appealing by the second. "I don't care if you have crazy healing capabilities, the girl is still my patient and until I see she's fit enough to leave she is staying here!" Jerry had no idea the danger he was putting everyone here in and part of me, a very beastly part wanted to personally show him that danger, dragging him outside and into the trees would be so easy.

 "I understand your position as her surgeon that you want the best for her but the best thing for her right now is to get her out of here, she's extremely stressed and that is not going to help her condition as she is now." I gritted out through clenched teeth, his was not the time to be losing my cool on the guy I needed to get the release permission from. "I am not going to take orders from some kid doctor who thinks he knows better, just because you are the same species as her doesn't mean you know more about her health than I do. She just had a major surgery and you want her to get up and leave a few hours afterwards, fast healing or not that is no where near practical!" He defended roughly, okay I really hated this man. 

I was about to give a retort when the Alvalrado pack showed back up a little earlier than I'd expected, he didn't see them coming but they'd heard our conversation. I struggled to keep a straight face when Denzel slung an arm over the guys shoulder, Jerry nearly jumped out of his skin. "Listen J, can I call you J? You see the simple fact is if the kid doctor thinks taking the girl home is best, then it's probably for the best of her, you and everyone else. You're not a fool J, you know it's not wise to anger our kind and you seem to have been doing a lot of it with Simon here, our beasts can be very dangerous when tested." Denzel hissed out a growl and the man went sheet white.

 "B b but, she hasn't been cleared yet, she may have a set back and..." Jerry was shaking like a leaf, I could smell his fear of the older pack males. "She would have a lot better care with us at home, we'd have a surgeon and a doctor to keep 24/7 watch and care specifically for her, and she could calmly rest in her own bed. The simple fact is you will run whatever tests you need to be sure she is stable enough for the ride back and then you will right her out for release, we will promise to keep her on bed rest until she's healed enough and that is that. I think it's in your best interest to listen here Jerry, because if you don't agree I'm sure they'll find another way to get her out of here, and you really won't like the other option." Kasen growled lowly from the other side of him as Denzel squeezed his shoulder slightly. 

"Okay, okay! I'll run the tests, but if I see anything that means her safety is at risk she stays here, and you have to keep her on bed rest until her head has time to heal up nicely." Jerry grumbled out as Denzel let him go and the head doctor scurried off down the hall. "Nice scare tactic." I smirked to the older beta male. "Guys like that you just have to make the message a bit clearer, it helps when they're already terrified of you. So how's the little wolf, why so urgent to get her out?" Denzel quizzed lightly. "She's got issues with hospitals that pertain back to the lab you destroyed, the last time she was in one she nearly shifted in front of  human witnesses because of the stress." I whispered back lowly as I looked back towards the door.

 "We better get her out of here soon then, but until they get those tests finished the kids probably famished by not and this place doesn't serve the finest meals, think she might go for a burger and fries?" Wesley smiled as he held up a bag of Wendy's, that would explain the greasy delicious smell that had my own hunger gnawing at me again. "Might as well ask her yourself." I shrugged back as we filed back into her room. "Hey what's that?" Micah perked up quick at the scent of the food and Sidney focused on the smell too as she stared Wesley down. 

"Hey kid, thought you might be a bit hungry so we grabbed you something to eat on the way in." He grinned and tossed the bag onto her stomach. "Wes, just to be clear I love you so much right now." She tore into the gag like she was starving and took a bite out of the burger with a hum of happy delight. "Your welcome little wolf, the food here is s*** anyway." Kairo grinned back at her as she devoured the food. "Did you bring us any?" Micah actually pouted at the Alvalrado pack males. 

"No, you aren't lying injured in a hospital bed so you can either go get your own or try begging some off the hungry female, besides we like her more than the rest of you." Alvalrado raised with his arms crossed, I was a bit surprised when he smiled at Sid who grinned back at him. Nobody dared to try taking her food, one because she needed the energy more than us and two because nobody wanted to give her more of a reason to maul us, but there was plenty of mournful stares as she finished off the last of her fries. 

                                                 Sidney

Three hours. It took three long hours for them to do their tests and for me to focus solely on containing my wolf who wanted go be let out to kill them all, mainly doctor Jerry though. I had seen him eyeing those needles again and my warning growl had caught his attention enough to back away from them, at least he wasn't completely stupid. I had been doing my very best to stay calm and I found it a lot easier to keep my cool with the boys nearby, but my nerves could only take so much stress right now and I was treading a dangerous line now. "How are you feeling?" Fletcher asked softly as he gave my shaky hand a squeeze, I gave him a look of disbelief. 

"Puppet I'm jumpier than a Chihuahua right now, my head feels like it's being pounded with a hammer and I could suddenly lose it and decide to kill everyone in this building, other than that I'm doing great." I forced a small smile as I stared at the door to my room. "Hey at least she's got a sense of humor still." Wesley chuckled and I stared him into silence. "I'm not joking." I stated very seriously and he gulped and took his gaze off my own. "Where is Jerry with those d*** test results?" Kasen and Simon spoke as one and their concern was adorable to me. I counted the seconds that turned into minutes, and finally doctor freaking Jerry strolls back in like nobody's lives are in danger at all.

 "Well?" Heck barked towards him, the fool actually ignored an ever increasingly anger Beck as he focused his eyes on me, my beast wanted to rip him apart. "Well as miss Sidney here is my patient I am to respect her confidential information and would ask you all to leave the room so we can..." I wasn't the only one to cut him off with a growl, now the guys looked ready to murder this jerk too. "They can stay, and Jerry if you value your life start talking, quickly, you've tried our patience long enough." I warned him tersely. "Very well... the tests have all come back, and from what I've seen other than your current memory loss you seem stable enough to go home, with strict bed rest rules of course!" Jerry rushed out and a quick wash of relief flooded the room, trying to ease my tense muscles. 

"We'll all keep an eye on her." Bowen smirked at me, the alpha boy better watch it. "You know it's remarkable how most of the cuts have already healed and from the scan there is already activity showing some cell regrowth around the surgery sight. I'll go sign her out but you best get her home safely and get her resting, you're always welcome back here if you need anything." He smiled before heading out with the Alvalrado pack in tow. 

"Any of you try dragging me back here and I will castrate you, and Captain B.S. just because I'm injured and stuck on bed rest doesn't mean I won't take you down if you test me, got it?" I rumbled to the chuckles around the room and Bowen smiled back at me. "Wouldn't dream of it Sidney, now let's get you home." Bowen sighed out as they helped me into a wheelchair and took me out to a jeep I didn't recognize. Once I was buckled up safely in the passenger seat my exhaustion hit me full force with the relief of being free of that sterile building settling in, I could finally relax and I let darkness pull me into it's sweet, sweet slumber.

*Okay I know it's a but shorter than the others but be thankful I got anything posted today right now because I feel awful. I'm sick with fever and just feel horrid, I even got dizzy and passed out yesterday, I'm feeling a tiny bit better right now which is why I'm updating but if chapters come slower it's because of whatever virus I've  got. Hope you enjoyed the update even if it is shorter.*