Chapter 73

Sidney

I had to admit it was great to have control back over my hormonal beast but I wasn't liking how things were going so far. I'd been fighting her for so long but the thought of all these boys dying because of me was enough to help me regain control, and then run as fast as I could all the way back here. It had been a very close call, the rogue male on Gavin had been going for the kill when I arrived and killed him before he had the chance. Now I was surrounded by all the boys while I stood proudly snarling along with them at the still standing 30+ rogues, and all this while ignoring the fact I wasn't wearing a scrap of clothing. "I figured you boys might need some help kicking a**, and I've never been one for losing." I chuckled darkly.

 "Are we sure she's back to normal?" Micah linked uncertainly. "Trust me Carrots, I'm me, and I'm also very ready to tear up these fools for going after you boys. My scent will work to our advantage here, you've been around me this whole time, they haven't." I linked back to avoid the rogues understanding my intentions. "Brace yourselves boys I'm going to let loose my full scent on these fools, and when they're distracted go for their throats." I linked fiercely as I let my shift ripple back over me, my teeth bared in challenge as I pushed to the front of the pack. "Ready?" I linked them as I glared down the posturing and overconfident rogues. 

They knew they outnumbered us and I knew that against the boys alone they would win, but none of them had ever seen me fight without holding back, and I was more than ready to let the beast have her fun. "As ready as we're ever going to be." Bowen linked back as Gavin shifted at my back with a whine, they were ready but still nervous. "Relax boys, you've got one thing that they don't." I hummed my confidence through the link. "And just what makes you think we can beat them then, what exactly do we have that they don't?" Tucker was so pitiful through his link that I had to hold back a snarl over the fact they'd pretty much given up. 

"The whole point of coming here was to train you boys for situationss like this, one really great and well trained fighter is as good as twenty regular fighters, and when it comes down to it there's no better fighter than me." I took a calm steady breath as I poured my scent out to our opponents the change of aggression to excitement was almost palatable. "Now, let's take these fools down." My link was an order as I charged forward, tearing my teeth through whatever flesh and bone was within reach.

 I let loose the anger and aggression that always simmered somewhere beneath my skin ready to attack, the very beast in me that made me the champion fighter that I was. The blood on my tongue only fueled the deadly fire, the desire to rip and tear until only the good were left standing. This monster was part of me, a part I'd missed, because even if I hated fighting the innocent and the weak, I loved the fight and no rogue was ever truly innocent.

                                                    Bowen

Even in the midst of a life threatening battle I couldn't fully take my focus off of her, this was another part of her that we'd never seen before. She was a beast, a wild terrifying beast that ripped and destroyed, she was a true killing machine and she knew it. There was a different kind of terrifying beauty about her, the fact that no sooner had she wrapped her jaws around one rogues throat that she was dropping the body and lunging for another. She had wiped out nearly half of them on her own before they realized that the true threat here was the little she wolf they came for in the first place, but by then it was too late and now our numbers were an even one on one odds.