7

"slytherins play to win"

"If that Weasel brags about Potter being the youngest Seeker one more time, I'm going to have to hex him

"If that Weasel brags about Potter being the youngest Seeker one more time, I'm going to have to hex him." I tell Draco one afternoon as we make our way to Herbology.

Herbology was one of my less than favorable subjects. I did fine on tests but not exceptional which is what my grandfather wants. I just couldn't understand the need to give extra care to plants. It almost always dies on me. Draco has done most of the work for the both of us, thank Merlin.

"I'd like to see you try, Emrys."

I roll my eyes turning to Weasley who was glaring at us. "What are you gonna do about it, Weasley? You can hardly turn a match into a needle."

Weasley growls. "I'll have your plant strangle you. They seem to hate you just as much as we do."

"Careful, Weasel." Draco steps closer to Weasley his dark stormy grey eyes threatening.

Weasley takes a step back away from Draco. How un-Gryffindor of him. "You're just jealous Harry is on the team."

"Us? Jealous?" Draco and I both laugh at him. I wagged a finger at his face. "We play by the rules. If you Gryffindors really need to break rules to win, be our guest. Merlin knows you need it."

"We're a Malfoy and a Emrys. We're jealous of no one." Draco smirks and gives a condescending look towards Weasley. We turn away. "Too bad you're not a celebrity like Potter. You're not worth breaking the rules for, eh?" Draco calls out behind us wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

-

Charms, Transfiguration and DADA are my best subjects. Spells came easily to me but subjects like Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures, did not seem to agree with me.

I wasn't failing. Far from it. Draco and I are still top of the Slytherin class but again my grades weren't what my grandfather wants them to be.

Thankfully, Draco and I were also doing well in Potions. The best in our year beating Granger and that Ravenclaw boy.

It was the Halloween Feast and my group of friends were excitedly talking about the first game of Quidditch.

"Adrian Pucey and Marcus Flint are a menace. Potter won't survive the match." Draco tells us excitedly eating his apple pie.

"Terence Higgs is a better flyer than Potter but he isn't aggressive." Blaise chimes in.

He had an excellent point. As amazing as Higgs is, he rarely fights dirty and Slytherins fought dirty.

"Higgs can take him." Theo tells us sounding confident with our Seeker.

Suddenly, the doors to the Great Hall slam open. The stuttering Professor runs in and screams about a troll in the dungeon.