Darling 1

"we are above all else Slytherin"

Sierra's Third Year

Sierra Emrys-Malfoy faced Calix Zabini with her mouth still raw from the night before from Peter Wood. The regret and thrill still lingered deep in her bones.

How does one come up from such a thing? She had just kissed a Gryffindor boy not a few hours ago. A Gryffindor boy she has sworn to defeat in every possible way, not kiss in every devious way.

The matter at hand was Calix who stood in front of her with his face red. They were alone deep within the dungeons. It was their special spot when they hid illegally transported goods from their grandparents. It ranged from treats too big for owls to carry and imported products that other professors would scold them for having.

She didn't know why he called for her. They were close, yes but not enough for him to call her on a Saturday morning.

"Is there something that you wanted, Calix?" Sierra finally asked when the boy made no move to speak first.

Calix straightened in surprise. "I..."

Sierra noticed his increasingly red face. He wasn't the type to be red in the face. She deduced that he must be sick. "Are you quite alright?"

The most handsome boy to have ever lived bowed his head, hands fumbling with the small box inside his robes. "Sierra- hmmm."

"Yes?"

He blew out a breath. Calix has been trying to gather courage to speak with her for days now. He's already spoken to his father, his grandmother, Sierra's father, mother and Scorpius. Calix didn't anticipate how harder it would be to form the words that would bring up his want for an understanding with her. He's loved Sierra for as long as he knew of what love meant. Sierra was it for him. This, should have been the easy part.

Sierra tilted her head to the side now worried for him. She reached her hand to place it over his forehead. "Merlin, you're hot."

"Am I?" He joked to break the tension.

The love of his life furrowed her eyebrows and laughed. "You already know you are. There's no need to push it."

"You think I'm handsome?" He pressed finally feeling at ease.

Sierra rolled her eyes in annoyance. She's had a silly crush on Calix for the longest time. Honestly, she didn't know how he didn't know that. "I think you look sinfully handsome."