21

I bite my lower lip

I bite my lower lip. I might have gotten out of getting detention and losing points but I didn't get out of hearing my Godfather scold the death out of me.

He wasn't even scolding me about cursing Parkinson's lip shut for the next two days- yes, my curse was that bad Madam Pomfrey couldn't break it- he's scolding me for getting caught.

"I loath your lack of subtlety."

When he was done, he sends me away saying the next time I get caught, I would be pulling out raw spleens from live frogs.

The moment I come out of his office, my friends immediately wrap their arms around me.

"She deserved it." Daphne tells me holding my cheek. She was in protective mum mode.

Blaise laughs. "When you left, the entire Great Hall couldn't stop talking about how bloody awesome you were!"

Greg nods from beside him. "I got scared."

"We all got scared and that threat!" Theo beams looking proud.

"That threat will haunt her for days." Vince says shaking his head.

Draco just looked relieved that I didn't get detention. "I'm just glad Parkinson won't be talking for a few days."

"She's lucky that's all I did." I say darkly gripping my wand tightly inside the pocket of my robes.

They pause surprised. In our group, I was always the one that didn't bother with other people. Apart from Chang, of course.

Draco was the one that broke the silence. "Do you want me to do something about this?"

I know what that meant. He would put a target on Parkinson. Everyone in Slytherin would come after her if Draco Malfoy- their lord, god and savior- commands it.

"Not that she needs it, mate. Everyone is already after her for what she said to Kally." Blaise says wrapping an arm around Draco's neck, giving him one of those brotherly hugs that they do.

Greg nods looking angry. "Parkinson's lucky she's inside the Hospital Wing."

"Don't punch a girl, Greg." I say taking a hold on his arm and leaning my forehead on it feeling tired.

Greg smirked patting my head affectionately like how a big brother would. "Who said anything about punching? I was going to practice a new curse I learned from Marcus."

"Nothing good can be learned from Marcus Flint." Theo says warily.

"No one said it was good."

-

"I can't believe this Oaf is a Professor now." Theo mutters to Draco who nods. We were currently walking down from the Castle towards the Forbidden forest for our Care for Magical Creatures class. "He's a groundskeeper for Merlin's sake."

At his comment, Weasley passes by us and roughly elbows Theo in the ribs. Theo looks winded at the force grasping his sides.

How dare he? To Theo of all people?

I was about to throw myself at him but Blaise holds me back because not a second later Greg shoves Weasley so hard he falls on ground face first.

"Filthy blood traitor." Greg snarls looking down on Weasley.

Draco reels in on the red head. "No wonder the Oaf got a promotion. I bet you're our new groundskeeper, yeah? I never knew you were that poor, Weasley."

"Hogwarts must be a paradise for you. With all the free food and a cottage bigger than your family's home." Daphne chimes in looking absolutely venomous.

"Home? Don't you live in a burrow of some sort? Aren't you near a swamp? Kind of pathetic don't you think?"

Potter comes to Weasley's rescue and pulls him off the ground. "Enough, Malfoy."

"Our local celebrity! I'm shaking." Draco smirks.

I roll my eyes at them going to Theo to check if he's okay. Daphne was already all over him and cursing Weasley under her breath.

"Kally!" Potter calls out grabbing everyone's attention. Oh, no. This boy has a death wish. "You're better than these prats. Malfoy will corrupt you."

He said Malfoy's name like it was poison.

Draco wasn't playing around anymore as the laughter drains from his eyes. He stands in front of me and instantly Greg and Vince are beside him.

Feeling emotionally drained from all the fighting, I shake my head. "You're wrong, Potter. I'm not better than anyone and I'm bloody sure Malfoy deserves better than me."

Draco's anger disappears immediately. Startled by my words he turns to face me but I'm already walking to Hagrid's cottage.