36

"You're going with who?!" Draco demanded the night before the Yule Ball

"You're going with who?!" Draco demanded the night before the Yule Ball. We were at the common room, Daphne and I were discussing dress details and hair styles when Draco stormed in from the Great Hall seething. Slytherins in his path hurried away from him in fright.

"With Graham." I say defiantly he had no right to raise his voice.

Daphne tilted her head to the side a small smile playing at her lips. "Who told you?" She was definitely enjoying this.

"No one told me! I heard from some seventh year cretin at dinner." Draco was red in the face with his nose flaring.

I'm suddenly aware of the sudden quiet that goes through the common room. Everyone was watching the two of us.

I stand from the seat Daphne and I were occupying. "Well, I'm going with Graham. Yes, Montague and no his name isn't Pucey. I know you know his real name."

"Why would you go with that bumbling idiot?!" Draco snarls running his hand through his messy blond hair.

"Because he asked, Draco. Graham asked."

And with that, Daphne and I left to our rooms.

-

I stand by the mirror studying my reflection. I was wearing a beautiful black figure hugging evening gown studded at the front with the most dazzling jewels known to man.

An added bonus was the gold snake at the back coiling down my spine. It did wonders to the imagination.

Missus Zabini had it specially made for this very night. It was classy but still had that Missus Zabini touch which left little to imagine. My hair was up in a classic bun with elegant tendrils of curls cascading down and my make up was done more dramatically. I had smokey eyes with a cat like eyeliner and red plump lips.

I look down to my wrist where Draco's bracelet was and for the first time in four years, I take it off.

I put on a diamond heirloom bracelet that women of the family usually use for events with our family emblem on it and- more to spite Draco than anything else- I put on Graham's necklace. A recent Christmas gift.

The Slytherin RoyalsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara