42

"What did you say to Cassius Warrington and why is he here? Isn't he afraid of brooms?" Draco asks at the Slytherin tryouts

I smirk proudly looking at the Slytherins that gathered at the pitch for the tryouts. Amongst them were Blaise, Theo and to everyone's surprise the prodigal son himself, Cassius Warrington. "I have my ways."

Draco's eyes narrowed. "Did you offer Roger Davies? Because you're Prefect now. You can't hurt anyone directly- why are you smiling like that? Merlin, Kally. You're scaring the trainees."

"I'm not a Prefect inside the pitch, love." I say winking at Draco who groans shaking his head.

"Alright, pathetic fools!" Draco shouts in a commanding voice effectively quieting the rowdy group of boys. "I don't like wasting time so we'll make this quick."

I smile taking my spot beside Draco. "As you know, Slytherins play to win and we play dirty. If you are looking to be coddled, this is not the place for you."

"Inside the pitch, what Kallista and I say are the law. If I say dive for that bloody ball, I expect you to dive face first."

I put my hands behind my back making eye contact with everyone. "When I order you to break someone's knee cap, you will do it with a smile on your face."

"Are we clear?" Draco finishes with a wave of his wand. Our two new brooms come sweeping in from the lockers. I mount my broom and push off leaving Draco standing in front. "Do try and keep up with Kallista."

Without another word, I zoom past the group of gawking boys who fumble with their brooms. From time to time, I would hear Draco shout something nasty at one of them.

"Weasley can fly better than you and he doesn't even own a broom you bloody wanker!"

"A barrel roll, cretin, not an invitation to land on your face!"

"Your incompetence is earth shattering, get out of here."

After a few laps, I turn to look behind me and see that Draco sent home a great number of people. To no one's surprise, Warrington was right behind me doing better than even Blaise or Theo who tried to catch up to him. He still looked uncomfortable on his broom but looked determined enough to get through the tryouts.

"I now know why Marcus had such a bad attitude." Draco mutters grumpily when I land beside him. "Some of these fools are a crucio to my eyes."

I laugh shoving Draco playfully. "You're so dramatic."

"I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish Marcus was here." He groans eyeing the group. "Marcus was better at absorbing idiocy than I."

I pat his cheeks lovingly. "Just a few more hours, love."

He sighs facing the group once again. "Keepers to me. Chasers to Kallista."

Draco motions for the Keepers to the other side of the field leaving Blaise, Cassius and several other boys behind.