52

"This is depressing

"This is depressing. We're all depressing." Daphne complains when no one continues the conversation.

Theo sighs hugging Daphne close. "I suppose it has something to do with us being the enemies all over again."

"We're not the enemies." Vince says looking upset.

Blaise stretches and yawns. "We're Slytherin. Pure blooded Slytherins. We're automatically the enemy."

"I don't want to be here anymore." Draco whispers shutting everyone up.

Daphne looked stricken. "Don't say that, Draco."

"I just want to take Kally and run away to some far away place." Draco confesses looking tired.

"Bring me with you, yeah?" Blaise asks with an easy grin on his face and we were back to teasing each other.

When we finally get to Hogmeade station, Draco orders everyone to go out. He shoots me a long look and closes the compartment door.

Daphne takes my hand and pulls me to the carriages away from Draco who closes the curtains. Finally making it the carriages, we're stopped by Ministry security. "What in Merlin's beard?" She gasps when the Ministry official scans a device on her face.

He does the same to me and ushers us along.

It was shaping up to be a horrible year.

-

Draco appears for dinner looking more irate than usual. It doesn't help that he had blood on his pants.

"Tell me that isn't from a Puff you bullied." Blaise casually asks between bites. "Ernie what his name is still traumatized from what you did to him last year."

Draco grunts in reply sitting beside me. I reach for his hand under the table and I notice it's shaking. I squeeze it affectionately and hope he understands that he isn't alone in this.

He glances at me and smiles a little interlacing our hands together. "Devoted and united."

I nod. "Devoted and united just the way it should be."

A few moments later and Potter walks in looking like he drowned in his own blood.

"Not a Puff then." Blaise laughs watching Potter take a seat.

Dumbledore continues his announcement and I barely listen choosing instead to stare up to the enchanted ceiling.

"Lord Voldemort has returned." He started and the entire Slytherin table rolls their eyes.

Theo chuckles taking a sip of his pumpkin juice like he wished it were firewhiskey instead. "Did he just say the castle is impenetrable?"

We laugh along with him knowing that by the end of the year Death Eaters were most likely going to be running this school.