61

The Ministry was ours for the taking

The Ministry was ours for the taking. A new Minister of Magic is appointed and Voldemort's coup runs successfully. We flushed out any and all Order members or supporters from the Ministry making sure we secured our hold on the government. It was all running so smoothly and so perfectly.

Every known Order of the Phoenix member seemed to be on the run. They all disappeared from sight leaving their kids.

New Death Eaters joined the Dark Lord. Adrian Pucey for example and to Draco's displeasure Graham Montague. Older, taller and more muscular Graham Montague who's been playing Professional Quidditch for over a year now.

Graham's smile was blinding. He rushed to my side and before I could react gave a long hug. "Kally, I've missed you."

I open my mouth to reply but Draco beats me to it. "We're engaged, did you know?"

Graham looked put off by his comment. "I did."

"You're brighter than you look, Pucey." Draco nods pacified pushing Graham off and wraps a hand across my shoulders.

"It's Montague!" We scream at him at the same time.

Draco tilts his head to the side with a look of boredom. "Adrian Montague?"

I roll my eyes turning away from the two of them.

-

For the summer, instead of visiting exotic places like they usually do, many of my friends were appointed roles in the new Ministry.

Daphne Greengrass is assigned to the Prophet. They print whatever she says and uses the Prophet to manipulate the rest of the Wizarding World.

Theodore Nott gets assigned to watch over the Wizengamot. He listens from the back of the hearings and discreetly decides each case.

Blaise Zabini under the Staff Offices commandeering everyone with his easy smile and his manipulating sweet words. The perfect public relations to calm the neutral wizards and witches.

Draco Malfoy watches over Gringotts making sure none of the Order members come near their vaults. He was the only one with adept knowledge in curses and dark charms used on the wizard bank.

Heading the entire Department of Magical Law Enforcement is our beloved and monstrous Marcus Flint. Greg, Vince and I are under him focusing on the hunt for Order members. Just like old times, he hands us our arses with threats and inspirational speeches on our deaths.

A new Headmaster was appointed to Hogwarts, Severus Snape.

Suddenly, all is well with our world again. Our families are safe again and we never have to worry about being attacked from behind.

-

I frown down at our map. Greg and Vince stand on either side of me while Marcus sneered at everything and anything.