19

The moment I finished my year end exams, I started packing to leave

The moment I finished my year end exams, I started packing to leave. I didn't want to waste another moment in school. Slytherin would win the House Cup and I computed that even if Dumbledore decides to shower Gryffindor with random last minute points, we would still win. We had too many points from winning the Quidditch Cup.

Originally for the summer holidays, Draco and I planned on devoting our time for Quidditch after our trip to Greece with our family. I wasn't joining them anymore opting to stay at St. Mungo's with grandfather and Severus.

All my friends offered to stay for the summer holidays as support but I refused. I just wanted to be alone with grandfather and make the most out of the time we had.

I truly had the best friends because they understood and respected the decision.

-

My summer holiday became sadder as Grandfather became weaker. I was panicking like mad. It was getting harder and harder not to cry.

Severus was beyond himself trying to handle the arrangements that my grandfather asked him to take care of and manage a depressed child.

I received letters, flowers and sweets daily from my friends especially Draco. He showered me with everything he could buy in Greece. His mum wrote to me that Draco didn't want to go to Greece but they forced him to give space.

When it finally happened, I cried for days.

It happened right in front of my very eyes. My grandfather was telling a story about my parents when he suddenly became very quiet and I screamed so loud Severus literally flew into the room with an army of Mediwitches.

-

Severus dutifully handled all of the details needed for the funeral arrangements. He had help from Blaise's and Draco's mum.

I locked myself in my room cuddled up in fluffy blankets and soft stuffed toys crying myself to sleep when Draco came into my room without knocking.

The moment he sat on my bed and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder, I lost it all over again.

Throwing myself at him, I cried on his chest. It was pathetic really but Draco patted my back and wiped away my tears.

Blaise and Daphne joined us armed with treats and books. Theo, Greg and Vince came a little later with more food. They fed me as much as they could hugging and being there.

The great thing about having them as friends was their supportive families that allowed them to stay over at the much too quiet Emrys Manor that only had house elves, Severus and I.

The funeral itself was depressing. A lot of people came but I stuck beside Severus and my friends. I didn't speak- I just stood feeling empty.

Thankfully, my friends and I spent the rest of the summer holidays together at the manor. We didn't do much but just stayed together.

Blaise's and Draco's mum would periodically check on us and take us all out for lunch. Merlin knows I needed it. I haven't left the house in so long that I think I grew mushrooms in my hair.

Missus Zabini always had a special spot in my heart. She's so much like my mother apart from the death of her many husbands.

"It's a new husband again." Blaise tells us with a shrug. "Rich and pure just the way she likes it."

I stick out my tongue in disgust. "What does that even mean?"

"Pure blood so she can still show herself in our community and rich to add to our ever growing pile of wealth." He says this while looking at Quidditch catalogues. "Oh- Theo, look practice quaffles." He says pointing to a charmed quaffle for Keepers to practice on. It would continuously try to get through the hoops and you would have to stop it.

"You're already so wealthy. I don't understand why you need more." Theo says while looking at the quaffle in the catalogue. "We could use that to prepare for next year."

"My parents says you can never be too much wealth. More is better." Daphne says from her fashion magazine. "Kally! Oh, let's get these."

I look over her shoulder to see amazing heels that we could use for school. "Yes, in black." Daphne taps her wand and sends an order request form. "I don't think more is better with wealth."

Draco rolls his eyes at us. He was playing with a golden snitch. Releasing it and catching it with a reflex I would kill for just before it flies too far away. "You're an Emrys. You're the definition of too much wealth."

We all burst out laughing.

"Vince and I are thinking about trying out for Beaters this year." Greg tells us from over Blaise's shoulder.

Everyone perks up at that. "Really?" I gush happily. Knowing Greg and Vince would have my back with bludgers would be brilliant. I know they would protect us with their bodies if they had to.

"Yeah, the Beaters from last year graduated." Vince says while munching on sandwiches.

"You'll both get in." Draco confirms hand catching the snitch yet again. "After this year, Kally is next in line for Captain."

I frown at the thought. Marcus was graduating this year. I wasn't ready to lose our beloved angry Captain. "It's Graham who's next."

Draco bursts out laughing mockingly. "Graham Pucey is a nightmare."

"It's Montague." I correct with a roll of my eyes.

Draco's eyes narrow at my words. "Why do you care?"

Blaise breaks the tension by chuckling. "Jealousy is a horrible trait. That's what killed my mum's fourth husband."

-

Apart from my friends, flying became my escape. I don't know what it was but flying was incredibly relaxing. With my broom and the wind in my face nothing could touch me.

Unlike my grandfather, Severus let me fly for as long as I want. I think it's more because he wants us to win the Quidditch Cup again next year.

I learned a lot from grandfather's death. One of them being that the Emrys' had more money than I thought we had. I think I could buy Hogwarts if I wanted to and still have money left to buy the other half of St. Mungo's like the Malfoy's and the whole of Diagon Alley.

Another thing was that grandfather had been preparing for his death for a very long time. He employed a sort of owl delivery service to send me gifts he had prepared ahead of time for birthdays and Christmas'. He did it so that I could still receive gifts from him until I was eighty years old.

That's one hundred sixty gifts.

I was given the Emrys Manor too. Not just this Manor but all the Manors we had all over the world. We have one in Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria and so many more. What was I supposed to do with all these Manors?

Pure bloods customs were also listed down. Customs like marriage. My grandfather had listed every single family that approached him for an understanding. There were boys on the list that were so much older than I. They were much closer to Severus' age which made me cringe and then there were boys so much younger than I. Much younger. There were also a number boys from my year too. I didn't know them well enough.

Severus seethed in anger when he saw the list. I had to restrain him from burning it.

"Dunderheads the lot of them!" He shouted scaring our house elf.

In the list, Draco was there along with Graham. Grandfather had circled their names for some unknown reason.