38

Upon learning of what's to come, Draco and I suddenly form a silent understanding to stick together

With the year almost coming to an end, we didn't want to take any chances. It was obvious which side he would be on. The Malfoys have been the Dark Lord's highest ranking officials ever since.

The Dark Lord isn't about blood purity anymore. He is about power. Taking power from the likes of Dumbledore who is just as bad as the Dark Lord. They were just in opposing sides wanting the same thing. Dumbledore might be all glory and charisma but if you were anything but Gryffindor he could care less. If a Slytherin were to act anything like his darling Harry Potter he would have them expelled. He would ruin a Slytherin's future easily without question and he would gladly ostracize us with a twinkling smile on his face.

Draco and I believe that the Slytherins have been oppressed for too long. We've paid the price of the sins of our ancestors and have constantly been unjustly pushed aside.

Just because we were sorted into Slytherin, we've automatically become the enemy. We're automatically evil.

People like Weasley have openly showed their distaste and bias. Families like the Malfoys and Notts might be doing well but the truth is they were the success stories. Many Slytherins did not have the lifestyle we had.

Many are cast away and many are suffering with horrible treatment from people like Weasley.

The only reason why people think Dumbledore is the hero, is because history is written by the victor. It just so happens that Dumbledore was the victor in the last war but not anymore.

He is just as power hungry as the Dark Lord.

Draco and I watch the second task with a new perspective. Hand in hand, we watch with mild boredom how yet again, Harry Potter manages to get the first place when he nearly chokes on a plant. While people like Viktor Krum and Cedric Diggory who managed an impressive spell with no outside help get second and third place.

"Dumbledore's darling ladies and gentlemen." I whisper venomously to our group of friends who all nod and look away with a sneer.

-

My friends and I all sat together by the lake. It was the third task soon and our families were all coming to watch.

"My father would never come to see this garbage. Something is up." Theo whispers reading the letter from his father.

Draco nonchalantly averts his gaze from Theo. "Yeah? My father is coming as well."

"My father too." Greg whispers. I force my expression to be neutral.

Vince purses his lips. "He's coming back, isn't he? Our busy father's coming to a school event we're not even included in?"

"Good thing I don't have a father." Blaise says smiling at all of us.