73

Daphne and Theo's wedding came a year after ours

Daphne and Theo's wedding came a year after ours. As predicted, it was the event of the century. Daphne being the next Narcissa Malfoy created the grandest ceremony in the history of weddings.

The wedding was in a massive island that the Malfoy's owned all the way in the tropics. It was a luxurious summer wedding by the cliff. She had the most prestigious pure blood guest list. I didn't even know my best friend knew so many famous people.

Daphne had the Warringtons make her a dress that looked like liquid diamonds. It flowed down her legs in such a magnificent translucent way that everyone was in awe. Daphne being the incredible best friend that she is, was kind enough to have my dress made in the same material but in a black diamond look.

Draco was salivating the entire night his eyes not wavering from me.

Obviously, I was her Maid of Honor and Draco was Theo's Best Man. I cried and clapped the entire ceremony. It was truly beautiful with the perfect sunset capturing their kiss.

I danced the entire night with Draco mostly because he was being too possessive and jealous with any other man that came too near.

"I don't like the way Montague is looking at you." Draco growls out sending a glare at Graham. At the far end of the dance floor was Graham innocently sipping on a glass of firewhiskey.

I laugh turning to Graham and sending him a smile. "You never like the way he looks."

"For good reason."

That night, Draco reminded me that I was his and his alone.

-

These days, everyone from our year seemed to be getting married or having children. It meant that Draco and I were constantly being pestered about when we were having our own.

"So, Kallista, when do you and Draco plan to have your own?" Narcissa asks during one of her visits at the Emrys Manor.

Since Draco moved into the Manor, his family constantly comes to visit. Like today, Draco and Lucius were in his study discussing plans on the Ministry while Narcissa and I had tea. I almost choke on my very hot tea but I manage to force it down.

"I want grandchildren." Narcissa gushes putting down her cup. "Lucius has been wondering as well. It's been a year now."

A couple of days ago, it was Missus Zabini that kept hinting about wanting grandchildren. "I can't possible ask Blaise for obvious reasons. It's all down to my little girl." Missus Zabini would tell me clutching a book of sketches she has on baby clothes. I never knew babies could fashion bejeweled pyjamas.

I sheepishly smile at my mother-in-law. "Not anytime soon, I think. We don't really believe it's the right time with the new Ministry starting and all."

Narcissa Malfoy doesn't bother to hide her disappointment. "The Ministry's running smoothly from what Lucius tells me and Draco isn't actually the Minister of Magic."