71

*i was a little late in uploading sorry*

There was a second of pure silence in the area

There was a second of pure silence in the area. For a moment, all I could hear was my beating heart and my breathlessness. Suddenly, loud jeering cheers erupted and I fall to the ground on my knees feeling relieved and weak at the same time. I was shaking and heaving uncontrollably.

Draco immediately races to my side and pulls my body close to his. He doesn't speak only pressing himself close. I melt into his arms.

Soon, we were surrounded by our friends. Daphne was in tears and Blaise was screaming at the top of his lungs. Theo was uncharacteristically jumping and our two protective boys - Greg and Vince- we're crying out in laughter.

Marcus soon joins us and crushes me into a long hard hug. It was all deafening and loud that I couldn't hear what anyone was saying.

The families joined us and it just got louder with hugs and kisses all over. Years of preparation and finally we could all breath.

We got lucky is what it was. I wasn't an idiot. I knew the Dark Lord was going easy on me. I knew from the impact of his spell it wasn't his full potential.

Regardless, it is finally over.

I could see Harry Potter from underneath someone's armpit hugging Hermione Granger and kissing her forehead lovingly. From the side of someone's cheek, I saw many of our classmates crying and laughing.

Apart from the relief that all our plans finally came into place, I was just so exhausted. There was so much death and so many tears that spilled.

"It's over." I hear Draco whisper in my ear and a single tear falls down my cheek.

-

It wasn't all over though. Everyone else was celebrating but no one else outside our circle knew that during the Battle for Hogwarts, we also had a silent coup inside the Ministry.

We cleared out any and all followers of Voldemort - including the remaining hidden Order members- and quickly replaced it with new people. My group took advantage of everyone's distraction with the celebration. If we wanted to stay in control we had to act fast.

Luckily, the Battle of Hogwarts conveniently happened after we were already graded for our NEWTs. Technically, we were now graduates and could have jobs.

Immediately, we strategically place Blaise Zabini as the new Minister of Magic. The youngest Minister and the most conniving with his disarming smile. "All hail, me." Blaise whispered in my ear.

Theodore Nott automatically placed as the new Headmaster for Hogwarts. Also the youngest Headmaster in history under the guidance of Professor Slughorn. "I'm embracing my life as a swot." He says determinedly.

It was supposed to be Severus Snape and that thought haunts me.

Daphne Greengrass will continue to oversee the entire operations for the Daily Prophet. She will control any and all information on news. "I've always been good with gossip." Daphne tells me when she first got appointed.