Part 13

Note: All the user names and chat messages used in this chapter are fictional and any resemblance to real life is purely coincidental.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It started off as a trickle at first and then it felt like a whole dam burst. Initially, I did not pay much attention to the notification ring that went off more than a few times. About an hour earlier, I had proofread and posted the chapter I wrote the previous day.

Earlier in the day, after a busy day at the office, I rushed home to to get ready for a date with Liam. He picked me up and we had dinner at a nearby restaurant. Later we walked around the town just talking. With a handsome partner,  perfect weather and a full moon lighting up the sky it was what Jenna would have called the most romantic date. I did enjoy it but the kiss at the front door after he walked me home was what left me completely speechless. Liam was gentle but the way he kissed, conveyed that he was sure about our relationship and that was what sealed the deal for me. I liked him and this time I had decided not to hold back and his kiss conveying the same held a special meaning for me.

Back home, with Jenna being out of town, I posted the chapter I had written the previous night and was relaxing on the sofa binge watching a show. It was late in the night and I had a busy day planned for tomorrow but I wanted to hang on to the lingering fragrance of Liam's kiss. So I continued watching and dreaming when I noticed that my phone had been beeping more often than normal. I paused the TV show I was watching and picked up my phone. The moment I began reading the notifications, I regretted reading them and a few more minutes later it had me regretting ever writing the story. There were over 150 messages in under an hour after I had posted. Usually there would be just that many views, days after posting. I could not take my eyes off the screen, unable to believe what I was reading.

writer_in_me: Initially I thought this was going to be different....why claim that and waste our time

Yourslovingly: @writer_in_me what are you talking about? This is a good story.

writer_in_me:@Yourslovingly you call this a good story? It has just turned into a typical love triangle. Initial chapters gave a complete different impression.

Yourslovingly: @writer_in_me Aiden was re-introduced in the last chapter why spewing hate now?

writer_in_me:@Yourslovingly I wasted my time reading this.... hoping there would be a twist

There was a lot of back and forth which I choose not to read since I got the gist of it and scrolled down.

Allforbooks: who speaks like this.... You sound so much like Gilmore girls.

Sarcadonia: couldn't you have taken the story in another direction. This just kills off all the expectations.

I had barely read as many messages as I could count on my fingers and there were about ten times more than that still lying unread. I got out of the sofa and began pacing around the room. I did not know why I was at the receiving end of this. After pacing around for sometime trying to wrap my head around it, I concluded that I had two options:

1. Read all of these messages and try to understand where I went wrong.

2. Completely ignore them and continue to write the way I wanted to.

Ignoring was not in my nature. I had to know what was going on. God I miss Jenna right now, I muttered under my breath as I opened the notifications once again and decided to start at the very beginning. After cracking knuckles, preparing for the worst, I dived into it.