Part 33

'What if the first dress that I tried on was the one... the perfect one?' I said over the phone as I drove back to my apartment.

'What?' Jenna asked from the other end. 'How about this, lets start with hi?'

I had jumped into the subject as soon as she answered the phone. 'Hi,' I said, ' You know the dress montage that most movies have? The one where an actor or an actress tries on a bunch of dresses and finally finds the perfect one?'

'Oookaay... What about that?'

I knew I sounded insane but I was in a hurry to tell her. 'I'm talking about Aiden. He was my first and the perfect one too.'

'And what brought that realisation?' I don't know when or how it happened but over the past couple of months, I had turned into a romantic mush and Jenna had turned practical. She did not jump up and down with joy but rather probed like I would have before...Liam, Aiden and before the story.

'Aiden was at the charity as a volunteer. He did not do it just to impress me but because he is a good person. Also, he talked to me later and now I really believe that all he wanted to do was to look out for me. He believes I'm with Liam and all he wished for me is happiness. He really loves me and I love him too. I did fall for the real Aiden.'

'And... are you with him now?'

'No'

'Are you chasing after him?'

'No'

I heard an exasperated breath from the other end. 'Then what do you plan to do with all of the realisation and the feelings?

'I'm driving back home. Aiden already expressed his feeling and tried to win me back. I think he deserves one grand gesture from me.'

'Mind telling me what you have in mind?'

'You'll see.' I was smiling from ear to ear.

The moment I pulled in front of our apartment, I rushed in and opened my laptop. It was only fit that what started with a story, should end with it.

'Oliver, what are you doing here?' Emma asked as she saw him waiting at the office entrance.

'Waiting for you.' He said rubbing his palms.

Aiden had called her and texted her a number of times but she did not answer his calls and ignored his messages. Seeing Oliver standing there she knew the reason for his visit.

'I don't want to talk about him,' she said fishing out her id from her purse, ready to enter the office building.

'Can we have coffee and I promise you I won't talk about what happened between you and Aiden.'

When she remained thoughtful for a moment he pleaded, 'Please?'

'Okay.' Although she agreed, she very much doubted Oliver's intention of keeping his promise.

Oliver did keep his promise albeit in a very different way. Once they were seated at the cafe, Aiden appeared out of nowhere and stood behind Oliver. The moment Emma saw Aiden she looked at Oliver and angrily said, 'I can't believe that you set me up!'

Oliver gave a slight smile as he shrugged and left. Emma was transfixed for a moment not sure how she could escape. Aiden was standing blocking her way to the exit and she did not want to create a scene so she simply shook her head as Aiden took Oliver's seat.

'I'm sorry about this, but this was the only way I could get you to talk to me.'

Emma crossed her arms and continued to glare. Aiden looked down for a moment to get away from her angry stare. 'I just want you to know the truth. I'm sorry for the ambush but I just don't want us parting ways with a misunderstanding. So can we please talk? This will take only a few minutes.' Looking into her eyes he implored.