Part 22

Impatiently I scrolled up and down but could find anything. Jenna had deleted the chapter just as I was reading it. I got out of the cab and rushed home. I was curious as to how it ended and why she had deleted it. I wanted to read the complete chapter.

As I entered, I saw Jenna busy on the laptop. I did not have to guess what she was up to as she had just deleted the chapter, she was probably busy scrubbing off its existence.

'Why did you delete the chapter?' I asked placing the keys into the bowl.

She looked up at me with disbelief and said, ' You read it? I cannot believe you were one of the 4 readers.'

'Well, not completely. I was mid way when you deleted it.'

'Then you probably know why I deleted it.'

'No I don't. I read up-to the point where you bump into someone and the tall guy...'

'Stop it. It's embarrassing,' she said interrupting me and hiding her face in her palms.

'Come on. It was not bad. I want to know what happens next.' I said as I sat down next to her.

'He protects me and blah blah blah.'

I had never seen Jenna so jittery. But then I knew what writing out one's thoughts to the world felt like.

'It turned out so different than what I had imagined. In writing, I looked needy and lonely and desperate. It was a pathetic attempt.'

'No it was not.' I was not just saying it to up her morale but I really thought that she had written well... but she had a point. That did not do justice to the real Jenna. Real Jenna was far from needy and desperate.

'If your story has a tendency to come true, I don't want this to happen in reality. It started out something different but then words just flew out and it turned into something totally different.' She was shaking her head in disbelief. 'I don't know how you do it or how you find this relaxing. This made me really nervous.'

'What? Really?' I asked surprised.

'I wasted an entire day thinking different scenarios to meet my potential boyfriend and then I spent an hour and a half writing down my thoughts which eventually were something very different than what I wanted.'

'It happens. Don't worry about it.' I placed my hand on top of hers trying to comfort her.

'I give up,' she declared.

'Did you delete your writing? I mean not just from PlumeInc but also from the backup?' I asked voicing my suspicion.

She nodded.

'You could have at least let me read it. I want to know what happens next.'

'The tall handsome guy saves me. He is so handsome that I have palpitations, I sweat on a cold night etc etc. Had you read that, you would have given it a mature tag.' She saw me smile and she said, 'It was a little over the top wasn't it?'

'Just a little bit and the damsel in distress act does not suit you. If you are ever in such a situation, I pity the person following and threatening you.'

'Exactly!' she screamed agreeing with me. 'And that is the reason I want you to write my story line.'

'Are you sure?' I knew her style was more romantic than my approach.

'Yep. But keep in mind I want the suspense, the romance, the butterfly in stomach feeling... ' Her face had suddenly lit up with excitement.

'Do you have something in mind?' I can try and work on any ideas that you may have,' I said pulling up a sofa cushion into my lap.