Part 16.

'What just happened?' Jenna asked staring at the door and raising her hand questioningly. 'I mean, it was as if he wanted to run away.'

I shook my head in disbelief. I had just gotten over the fact that I had bumped into Aiden and was gearing up to start a conversation with him when he got a phone call and rushed out. He just blurted out something that sounded like a goodbye which seemed weird. 'I don't know what happened. He was never like this. Believe me, he is one of the most warm and friendly person I have ever met.'

'Oh I believe you.' Jenna said getting up from my bed and walking over to ice my ankle.

'May be something happened over the call that upset him. Since he seemed to handle meeting me just fine.'

'Hmm...may be.' Jenna tried to sound convincing.

'Or may be ....may be he just ran away from me,' I said waving my free hand. 

'What? You make it sound like he left you at the alter,' Jenna said scrunching her face.

'He did sprint as fast as he could. Don't you agree? I mean we barely spoke but the least he could have done was ask my number,' I said waving around the bag of peas.

'Do you remember that in your story you totally freak out and stress eat and all that. May be in real life he freaked out.'

I knew she was trying to convince me since until the moment he left, he seemed calm as a cucumber. But I wanted to accept that explanation. So I said, 'Yeah may be. You know what, Since I had already written about meeting Aiden, it had taken up most of my nervousness. I was definitely surprised though.' I thoughtfully paused. 'I think, I can use a drink now,' I finally said pointing to the bottle.

'Which door did you run into?' Jenna asked while pouring us a glass of wine.

'Riley's place.'

'It closed down a couple of weeks ago. They have put up a big board on the store front. Didn't you see it?' she asked surprised.

'With the kind of day I had, I think I would have missed an elephant in front of me.'

'Hmm,' she nodded and continued 'When I landed, I thought I had stories to tell about my trip. But then I read all the comments and then I saw you hurt in your bed and then there was Aiden. This day got busier and weirder pretty quickly. So I know you definitely had much more going on.'

After that we just sat there and talked about a whole lot of things other than Aiden.

Two days later, after not having heard from me, Liam called. I had been busy working on two projects and nursing my ankle all the while working from home, but it did not justify me not informing my boyfriend. The moment he found out what had happened, he rushed to see me. That added to the guilt that I was already carrying of not informing him.

When the door bell rang, I limped to the door to open it. As soon as I opened the door, Liam's eyes travelled from my head to my feet and instantly he threw aside the box of chocolates he was carrying and swooped me up in his arms.

'Hey! Hey! Hey! what are you doing?' I protested.

'Do you think I will let you walk all the way back?' he said comfortably walking inside carrying me. 'Just tell me where do I put you down.'

'Right here on the sofa would be good,' I replied pointing in the direction of the sofa but my other hand was wrapped around his neck cozily.

Putting me down, he fluffed up the cushions for me to lean on.

'Will you please stop it? I am fine.'

'Then why is your leg still in a bandage?' he questioned standing beside me, looking down at my feet.