Part 21

'It's not so complicated. Here, let me help you,' said Aiden putting down the knife he was holding and placing his hand over mine holding the pan.

'Now gently lift it ...and see you got it.' Aiden took a step back and looked at me jumping on the spot, happy to be able to flip a crepe without breaking it.

'This looks amazing!' A perfect little crepe stared at me from the pan. 'You still are an amazing cook. Why don't you cook more often?' I asked turning to face him.

'Well, I would if I had someone to cook for...like today.'

I seemed to be caught between his words and his eyes. I was confounded but also....

I could not complete my thought process as we were interrupted by Jenna clearing her throat to grab our attention. Both of us turned around in unison with a surprise since we had not heard her come in.

'Hi Jenna!' I said looking at her standing with her arms crossed across her chest.

She gave me a piercing look before saying, 'Hi Aiden! I didn't know you were coming.'

'Hi!' he said grabbing a napkin. 'This was not planned. Eva said she did not want to go out for dinner, so I thought I will make something for her here.'

Jenna gave me a passing glance and asked, 'So what did you guys make?'

'We made crepes and I was just garnishing the soup.' Aiden turned around to put in the chopped basil into the pan of soup.

'How was your dinner?' I asked interrupting whatever she was thinking.

'It was good. I think I will just go to my room now. You guys continue.' She picked up her purse lying on the chair.

'No please stay. We are done cooking and I need to be somewhere now.' Aiden said clearing up the chopping board and hurriedly washing his hands.

'What about dinner?' Jenna asked before I could put the same question.

'We ate all the crepes before they landed on the plate so I am full. You guys can have the soup. I have made a ton of it so you can have it tomorrow as well. I know crepes and soup is not exactly an ideal combination but Eva said she can never make a crepe without breaking it so we decided to make it.'  With that he walked out of the kitchen. Before I could protest he said, 'It was nice meeting you again Jenna. Maybe we can plan something again.' With a quick goodbye he left.

No sooner was he out the door, Jenna resorted, 'I can't believe you blew off Liam for this.'

'I did not blow him off. It was a family thing and I did not want to impose. And Aiden just dropped by. It was no big deal.'

'hahaha heeheee ' she fake laughed punching my arm lightly.

I knew that she was imitating me and immediately my hand flew to my mouth. 'Oh my god, I was flirting wasn't I?'

Jenna's hard face immediately melted and she gave me a side hug. 'No you weren't. You were probably just having a good time. Besides having two guys vying for you is better than having none.'

'I don't want two guys. I don't know how it is happening but the things that I am writing are actually happening.'

'Duh! I told you so.' Jenna had pointed that out when I ran into Aiden while visiting my parents but then I put it off as a coincidence.

'We ran into each other. Then we watched a football game together, went to the movies and now I wrote about Aiden getting me soup and here he was making soup for me. I don't know how that is possible or what I can do...'