Part 28

I was in Liam's arms. After spending an evening together, he had come home with me. As I unlocked my door, Liam pinned me against the door and showered me with kisses. The door flung open since I had turned the knob before our make out and we crashed into my apartment. We got back on our feet only to realise Jenna, Nick and Aiden seated in the living room staring at us.

Let me back up a little....

I stood outside the closed door of my apartment, pacing around impatiently waiting for Jenna. In my rush to get away from Aiden, I had left my phone and my keys at the charity. I had no choice but to wait for Jenna to return.

I adjusted my gloves and pushed my hands deeper into the pockets of my jacket. I had literally pushed all the thoughts away. I did not want to think about what happened with Aiden as guilt was creeping in. I had wronged Liam and again that day I was attracted towards Aiden.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around to see Jenna followed closely by Nick. I craned my neck to see if Aiden had accompanied them. I did that and instantly regretted it. I did not want to think about Aiden.

'Let's get inside,' Jenna said pulling out keys from her pocket. She paused to look at me and I shrugged unconsciously.

'I'll call you later,' Nick said giving Jenna a quick peck on her cheek and giving me a closed lip smile as he turned around and left.

Once inside, Jenna looked at me and said, 'So...want to talk?'

'Me and Aiden....something happened.' I sat down gathering my knees closer to me. 'I should have been more careful with our relationship since I have a boyfriend. I should have known that having an ex as a friend is a very bad idea.'

Jenna sat down beside me but did not speak. So I continued, 'He has been there for me these last few months and ..it's Aiden....I kind of lost control.'

Jenna's eyes went wide and her lips rounded into a no but before she said anything I hurried and got my word in, 'No, nothing happened.'

I looked at her like a lost puppy.

'So what's bothering you?'

'It's that....I...I did not stop it. It was Aiden who stopped. I would have let him kiss me... This is so messed up. I don't know what Aiden was thinking.'

Jenna shook her head. 'I know what he was thinking. He followed you out but could not catch up with you. He then came to tell us that you left. One look at him and I could tell that something happened between the two of you. He looked as miserable as you do right now so I know what was going on in his mind.'

I was rocking back and forth in my seat. The conversation was getting very uncomfortable.

'I know what he feels but...does that mean you have feelings for him?' Came another uncomfortable question from Jenna.

'I don't know...I don't know.' I repeated myself as if repeating would help me.

Jenna took out my phone from her purse and placed it in front of me. 'Liam called.'

'Couldn't you have led with that?' I looked at her with disbelief as I quickly picked up my phone.

'Well, then I wouldn't know what you feel for Aiden now would I? You would have picked up the phone, called Liam and suppressed whatever that is going on in your heart.'

'That was cruel,' I said shaking my head.

'Just trying to help here.' She threw her arms in air. 'Also, I don't know if this helps but I want you to know that Aiden was coming over to talk to you. He had picked up your keys and your phone when your phone rang and he saw that it was Liam. He handed me the phone and asked me not to tell you that he wanted to talk to you. I know that he likes you and I think he is taking himself out of the picture.'