Chapter Five - Let me kiss you

Francis' POV

Friday

A mischievous smirk curls up on her lips.

Mike pulls out a contract from his briefcase and gives it to me, snapping me out of my thoughts and moving my eyes from her.

I pretend to read it, when in actual fact I'm still trying to wrap my head around the situation.

I can't sign this. I can't work with Billie - not after last night. I don't even know what last night was, if it meant anything, or if I've just become another fan.

Mike pushes a pen towards me.

"I'm gonna need time to look over this." I say, looking for an excuse to not sign.

Honestly, I just want to get out of here.

Mike nods and smiles. I thank him for the opportunity and get out of the room as quick and politely as possible, keeping my glance away from Billie.

Reaching the pavement, I lean my back against the building wall. I can still feel the way Billie's eyes stared at me in the netting - the way she never looked away the whole time.

As an artist, this opportunity is huge. Billie Eilish is blowing up. My work will be shown to thousands through her shows and it'll be a chance for me to broaden my skill and creativity - which is something I've wanted for ages. And, mine and Billie's imaginations compliment each other so well - that was obvious from the meeting. Who knows what incredible things we could create together? This job is perfect for me.

But, I decide I'm not taking it. I feel something about Billie - I don't know what it is or how strong it is but it's like I'm in a trance whenever I see her. Whatever this feeling is, I can't uphold professional boundaries - and from how the meeting when neither can she.

I throw the contract in the trash and start to walk away.

"Bro, what are you doing?" I hear a familiar voice call out.

I turn to see Billie looking at the contract in the bin, confusion on her face.

"I'm sure you will find someone a million times better than me." I joke, trying to not make it seem like a big deal.

"Are you deadass?" She snaps, clearly thinking that I'm being ridiculous.

"Look, it's just not for me." I say with exhaustion, trying to avoid confront.

"No, it's because of last night." She replies bluntly.

I'm starting to see that confrontation is inevitable.

I shut my eyes and rub my forehead with my hand, trying to figure out what to reply.

"No. It's because I don't want-"

I stop myself mid sentence. I don't want to admit that I feel some sort of spark between Billie and I. I mean, when we were brainstorming ideas the electricity between us was obvious - but, the second I admit that then it becomes so much more real. And, if I'm walking away right now, then all I'm going to do is hurt myself.

Billie's POV

She stops talking mid sentence, but I already get it. She doesn't want me.

I need her on my team. No one has got me like this apart from Fin. I gotta have her.

Realising that this conversation is not benefitting anyone, she begins to walk away.