Chapter Twenty Five - I Can't Breathe

Francis' PoV

Liked by finneas and 582 others

franciskingston no mom, i don't just draw pretty pictures for a living

View all 286 comments

maddiebaddie yes mom, i do just talk to the camera for a living

grayson @maddiebaddie suckerrrrr

maddiebaddie @grayson says the unemployed one... ahahaha

Waiting in the standing area of the concert hall for Billie to finish her tech rehearsal, I look at my phone and send another text to Luke. Two days ago, he lied to me about where he was and now he's only sending vague replies every few hours.

Elliott comes onto the stage and jumps down towards me. "Finneas and Claudes are apartment hunting so I'm stuck with you."

"Are you and Claudia coming on tour?" I ask.

"Claudia is, but I'm heading back to England."

I furrow my brows in confusion. "You never told me you were going back so soon."

She laughs and takes my hand. "I'll be back. And you can come visit me when you're touring the UK."

Disappointment waves over me. I'll miss her and her constant jokes - ever since everything happened she's been an amazing friend to both Billie and I.

"When do you leave?"

"A week or so."

"That's so soon. We've just-" I stop myself, knowing not to bring up her and I, or Mike.

"I'll see you later, Kingston. I've gotta find the rest of the team and let them know."

Just as she exits, out of nowhere, Billie runs up behind me and jumps onto my back, wrapping her arms and legs around me. She nibbles on the top of my ear as she giggles like a toddler.

I run out the concert hall and through the arena as Billie cackles at the top of her voice. We end up back at the front of the standing section of the concert hall so I turn around and lean back against the stage, placing Billie on it. She doesn't let go and instead sticks her tongue in my ear, causing me to flinch and pull away. A mischievous smirk falls on her face and I laugh, turning away from her.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" I laugh.

She smiles, runs her hands through my hair and then grips tightly, before pulling me into a playful kiss.

A door opens from the back as a member of the team walks in. I immediately spring away from her and the kiss, causing her bright energy to deflate slightly. The lady exits, leaving the two of us alone again.

"Don't give me that look unless you want me fired." I smirk.

"Then you better get your fine ass away because someone might catch me doing this." She replies, jumping off the stage and scattering kisses across the side of my neck.