Chapter Twenty One - till death, you and i

"Francis." Luke says, quietly so that no one else hears but me.

Billie and I met the others back at the hotel and we've just got on a double decker bus which doesn't have a roof. 

I follow him to the back of the bus, whilst the others sit at the front, looking up at the skyscrapers.

I give him a look of confusion, furrowing my brows as we take a seat. He clearly can't find the words to say. I can immediately tell it's serious - he's never struggled to tell me something.

"Do you know what you're doing?" He whispers, looking at Billie.

Shock fills my face - he's never questioned me, or my decisions. 

"I knew you didn't like her." I laugh, trying to shrug him off and continue enjoying the trip.

"Francis." He says a little louder. "I know you live in the moment but listen to me. You need to stop and think about this - about what you're doing."

"I have thought." I snap back aggressively, still whispering so the others don't hear. After what we went through to be together, I'm not letting anyone pull us apart again. 

"Have you thought about all her tours? You won't see her for months straight, or you won't see us - you'll have to leave everything for her."

"Don't."

"What about her fame? Do you want the world to watch you live your life? You hate even us asking you questions about relationships. You haven't thought this through. Your feelings for her have completely blinded you to-"

"I know!" I yell, causing the other three to look in our direction, instantly making me lower my voice. "I know, okay. But, I can't think about that, yet. So, please, stop."

He retreats slightly, looking down at my shaking hands. Reaching into his pocket, he pulls out a pair of leather gloves and offers them to me, giving a small smile. I take them and lean back into him as he wraps his arms around me tightly.

"I love you." He whispers, his lips brushing against my ear as he does so. I can still hear the worry in his voice.

I nestle my face into him and kiss his neck, reassuring him. 

"Yo, can I steal my girl back?" Billie asks, coming towards us in giggly, child-like excitement.

I put my hand out and she pulls me up, leading me towards the front of the bus. The wind picks up and her hair begins to flap wildly in the wind. I stand right up to the barrier and she stands behind me. Hands still by our sides, her fingers slowly slip into mine. Our arms slowly rise together as the bus makes it's way onto the Golden Gate Bridge. Both our eyes turn to where we jumped earlier together. Our mouth curl into a grin which grows into a small giggle. As our hands reach above our heads and we reach the centre of the bridge, Grayson stands on a seat and lets out a long, loud whoop. We all laugh and do the same, my hands squeezing Bil's as we do so.

"We'll be doing this till death, you and I." She whispers, erupting shivers throughout my whole body.

My eyes shut as our arms lower and wrap around me.

***

It's the next morning, and we are all out getting breakfast.

"That's insane, bro." Billie admirers with wide eyes.

Grayson wriggles a slice of dried banana from his forehead down his face until it ends up in his mouth. We all clap as he munches on it proudly.

My phone buzzes. I pull it out and see another message from Elliott. She's been texting me non stop and I haven't replied once - I haven't even read them.