Chapter Eighteen - I Control What I Want To Control

Francis' POV

The next day after the party I don't enter the office with a walk of shame, but rather the opposite. Elliott's hand grips to mine as I guide us through the busy hallway. Many eyes stare at us, but neither of us care. 

Last night with her was amazing - damn, has that girl had practise. It was fun. I mean, there wasn't necessarily any passion or hunger... but, maybe this is what I need.

We walk into a room and plonk down on the couch. She wraps an arm around my shoulders and I lean against her, twirling her ginger hair around my finger. 

"My two favourite girls!" Claudia beams, walking into the room with Finneas. He gives me a confused look, which I ignore, not knowing what Billie's told him. "You guys look so cute together!" She continues.

"Claudes." Elliott replies, telling her to calm down with the excitement.

Billie's the next to enter. She gives me a smile, one that has no subliminal messages like usual - it's genuine. As her glance turns to Ell, her smile fades and her eyes go to the floor as she takes a seat.

"So, are you two doing anything together, today?" Claudia continues innocently.

"I need to work." I reply casually.

"Have the day off." Mike starts, entering the room. The second I see him I feel uncomfortable in Elliott's arms. 

"Good party, I see." He says, noticing us on the sofa. "I'm not one to get in the way of young love." A slight evil smirk creeps on the corner of his mouth. Fuck him. 

I feel Ell's arm squeeze me. I look up at her and grin - her smile makes me forget about Mike and I start to think about how fun it would be to spend the day with her. 

Everyone begins to make small talk, but from the corner of my eye, I see Billie squirm uncomfortably in her seat. I think about us last night in the pool, and all the stolen moments we share as we fall deeper into each other. She looks up, her eyes locking into mine. She looks sad, defeated, out of place, which is so unlike her usual confidence. 

"What do you wanna do, then?" Elliott excitedly chuckles. I don't reply at first, my whole self absorbed in Billie's beautiful glass-like eyes. 

Moving my glance to Ell, I smirk. "I have an idea."

She bites the bottom of her lip subtly, and I lead out the room, taking her into an office with a lock on the door.

You can imagine what happens next.

***

A couple of weeks have passed. I've spent almost every day with Elliott. She's met Mads, Grayson and Luke, who all love how wild and out there she is. 

I haven't had much time to speak to Billie because everything's been so crazy with work and this new romance. But, she's different around me now - quieter.

It's the evening, and Ell and I are getting ready to go on another date.