Chapter Six - You took that barrier down when you took your clothes off

Francis' POV

Friday

"No." I whisper back, a smirk on my face.

She grins and lets out a small laugh, but stays millimetres from my lips.

I pull away and continue to add to the sketches, turning myself away from her. I hear her scoff from behind me, making me smile to myself.

"We're done." I say, finally putting down the graphite.

"What? We can't be." Billie protests.

I look down at all of the drawings scattered across the ground - we were done hours ago. I give her a look and she sighs grumpily.

"Yo, you wanna do something, then?"

I laugh and turn to her. She knows it's a no.

"What happened to the professional barrier?" I ask.

She walks towards me and crouches down so we are eye level. I smirk, not intimidated in the slightest - I can tell she likes it. Moving closer, she brings her mouth to my ear and whispers.

"You took that barrier down when you took your clothes off last night."

Goosebumps rise on my necks as her breath sends chills down my spine.

I smirk flirtatiously, playing along. I bring my hand to cup her face softly, then move my lips towards her. Hovering there for a moment, I look at her lips that could touch mine with the smallest flinch. Bringing my eyes up to meet hers, I whisper back.

"This is me putting that barrier back up."

I then pull away and stand up, leaving her on the ground. Before exiting the room, I turn back to her.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

She bites her lip as she smiles, watching me walk away.

***

I've just arrived home from sketching ideas with Billie.

"Where have you been?" Madison instantly demands. "I've been stuck with this thing all night."

Grayson rolls his eyes at her from the sofa, then puts his hand up behind him. I clasp it and give him a kiss on the forehead.

"I was at that building that burned down." I respond to Mads.

"Is that safe?" Grayson asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Fuck no." Luke answers, entering the lounge. He wraps an arm over my shoulders and kisses my cheek.

"Luke?" Madison protests.

"You think any of us are going to be able to stop her?" He replies.

I give him a kiss on the cheek and smile. "Never."

I entwine my hand into his and nod towards my bedroom, indicating that I want to talk.

We sit on the bed, resting our backs on the headboard.

I tell him about the job opportunity, only telling him about Billie in a professional manner - I want to keep my moments with her to myself.

"So, what does this mean?" He asks.

"I'll be gone a lot for tours. But, hopefully I'll be back when you return from Uni in the holidays."