Chapter Eleven - Can You Remember All The Colours In The Sky?

I wake up feeling fingers brushing up and down my back, sending tingles down my spine. My belly is against the mattress and the sheet rests at the bottom of my back, leaving my bare upper body exposed. I let out a satisfied moan and Billie chuckles softly.

"Yo, we got a flight to catch." She whispers, leaning into my ear and nibbling it gently.

I bend my arm back behind me and cup her face. I roll over so I'm on top of her and press my lips on hers. My mouth curls into a smile, forcing us apart.

"Fuck the flight." She grins. I giggle and nuzzle my face into her neck. She returns to stroking her fingers up and down my spine.

My phone starts to ring so I pull away from Billie and sit at the edge of the bed, clutching the sheet to my chest.

"Hello?"

"Francis, it's Claudia. Can you meet me in the reception?" She asks, clearly trying to contain her excitement.

"Yeah... sure." I reply, puzzled.

Jumping out of the bed, I throw on my underwear and one of Billies t-shirts to wear as a dress, then step into my Dr Martens.

Billie grunts frustratedly.

"Come with me, then." I laugh. "I'm sure it's something to do with you, anyway."

She nods and slips on an outfit already laid out for her.

***

We arrive into the reception and I see Claudia beaming like crazy. My furrowed eyebrows raise when I see Luke standing next to her.

He opens up his arms and I run across the hotel into them. He lifts me up and starts to spin me around as I squeal in a fit of giggles. He puts me down and I wrap my arms around his neck, gripping onto him tightly. He chuckles and holds me, stroking the back of my hair.

I pull away and cup his face with both my hands.

"How- why- what are you doing here?"

"I had to fly down here to meet with my publishers for my poetry. Claudia told me where you are staying and I thought I'd come and see you."

I pull him back into a hug, remembering his recent success. Then, I start to scatter his face with kisses, even though he turns his head away and pretends to be grossed out.

I look to Claudia who's admiring us.

"Thank you so much for making this happen." I beam to her.

"Aww, how could I not? Our flight has been delayed until tomorrow so I thought you two could have the night together."

"Do you think Mike will allow it?"

"Fin will talk to him. Don't worry about it."

Luke wraps his arms around me from behind and kissed my head. I lean into him and clasp my hand around his.

"Thank you." He says to her.

I suddenly remember Billie. Seeing Luke had made me completely forget about everything - I was too excited to congratulate him for his book.

She's standing with a few fans staying at the hotel, but staring right at Luke and I. Her look is intense and filled with anger.

I pull away from Luke and put my hand out. He takes it and I guide him towards Finneas, following behind Claudia.

"Fin, this is Luke." She says as we approach.

He looks at me with a confused face, then looks over to Billie and sees her expression.

"Hi." He says shortly with a half smile. Claudia takes his hand and subtly gives him a look.

"Luke loves your music, Finneas. He's always playing 'Hollywood Forever'." I say.

"Really?" He replies, perking up. Claudia shakes her head and lets out a small laugh.

They all start to engage in conversation and seem to get on really well.

"I'll be back in a second." I say, squeezing Luke's hand.

I start to walk over to Billie but before I get to her the lights go out, plunging the whole hotel into darkness.

Finneas frantically screams "Billie!" and I remember her fear of the dark. I start running towards where I think she is, but keep bumping into people from the blacked out room.

The lights slowly flicker on and I scan the reception for her. Instantly running towards her, I see her on the ground shaking and screaming. She's sat with her knees to her chest and her arms crossed. Her hands are gripping onto her forearms so tightly that the skin around her fingers is white. Her eyes are squinted shut as she shakes her head and presses her ear against her shoulder to block out the sounds that clearly come with her panic attack.

I drop to the ground and wrap my arm around her, taking her shaking hand in mine and entwining each finger with hers. I use the other hand the cup her cheek and bring it to rest against my chest. She continues to scream at the top of her voice and I hold her head against me tighter so she feels safe and protected.

"Finneas is here. I'm here." I whisper calmly.

The screaming stops and turns into a sob. She squeezes my hand tighter and I hold it firmly to try and stop the shaking.

"Remember the night we met when we watched the sunrise on the balcony together? Can you remember all the colours in the sky - how beautiful they were? Picture that in your mind. Think about the warm glow of the sun." I continue to whisper.

I can see her picturing it in her mind as the crying silences and the shaking slowly stops.

A/N: this has no relation to the story but as a billie eilish stan i have to tell you to watch the covers of ilomilo and all the good girls go to hell by Anton TL. i never listen to covers but these two are amazing so go watch themmmmm.