Chapter Thirty Two - To catch that flight

Billie's PoV:

"Are you fucking serious?" I ask in confusion to Finneas and Claudia as I enter the green room.

"She's Claude's sister, what did you expect?" He answers. "I know what she did was awful but I need you to be civil with her."

I let out a laugh. "Nah, fuck that shit."

"Billie, this isn't about you. This is about me and Claudia."

Before I can reply, Claudia walks in.

"Hi! Sorry, I'm late. How was the show? Oh, and how was Francis - Finneas texted me saying you saw her. Is she here?"

Her question causes even more emotions to flood my mind. "Don't come back here", she said to me. Before, hope of being with her again kept me going, but now all I have is this shit show.

"No, she isn't." I bluntly answer to her. "But, Elliott is."

She instantly quietens and looks down to the ground, not sure how to reply to me.

"Bil said she's going to make an effort." Finneas says, comforting her whilst giving me a look. I make a face at him then roll my eyes.

I walk out the room in annoyance and am instantly met by her evil ass smirk.

"Yo, just stay out of my way and I'll be civil."

"Is Francis here?" She asks, ignoring my words. I know she knows that we broke up - at first when there hadn't been any sightings of us together, it was all over the media.

"Shut up, bro." I answer, furrowing my brows in why she has to be such a bitch.

"I assume you've seen her exhibition. It's amazing how dedicated she is to her art - giving talks about it every Friday." She smirks. "The things she says about her inspiration. Well, it doesn't exactly paint you in the best light."

I slam her against a wall, pressing my forearm under her chin, stopping her from fighting back. "Don't you dare try to get in my head, bitch." I let go and she coughs and splutters. "Is this just a game to you?"

She smiles, then walks off, now knowing how much Francis is my weakness. I collapse on the floor, feeling defeated in every way possible.

"Hey, you alright, kid?" A sweet voice asks. Danny approaches and takes a seat beside me.

"I'm sorry about the show, man. I know that's gonna be a bitch for you to handle."

He laughs gently. "Don't worry about that. You keeps me on my toes, Eilish."

I smile, my mood already lifting. What an upgrade in manager from Mike.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asks. I shake my head. 

***

Francis' PoV:

"Thank you for listening, does anyone have any questions about the exhibit?" I finish to the crowd. A man puts his hand up and I nod.

"Is any of your artwork based on your relationship with Billie Eilish?" He says, bringing out a tape recorder. I thought the press would calm after so many weeks, but they're always here at my talks.

"My artwork is an expression of my mind, not of other people." I answer.

He persists, asking, "But your relationship with Eilish. Was it just a kiss or more?"

"I will only be answering questions about this exhibition."

He ignores me, his volume raising. "Billie's in London doing a show. Have you seen her? Are you two still in contact?"