Chapter six

Jackson let Pearl out from his chest, but still held her tight to his side. She looked around at the shocked faces, but she had no clue what they were all going on about. They saw her confused face and caught on. "She doesn't know about the eclipse? What the hell are you teaching them here?!" King Vito asked angrily. "I'm sure we do teach that to humans too..." The Alpha king said confused. Pearl knew why though.  "Um-" she started quietly, although she caught everyones attention. All eyes were on her, and she didn't like it. She felt intimidated. "I never went to school..." They all looked shocked at the little human girl. Jackson gave her little hand a squeeze. "Why the hell not?" the siren prince asked, slightly annoyed for her little to non explination. "I sold flowers as a little girl instead to earn money."

Pearl hated having to explain these things to other people, especially to a room filled with dangerous people who could kill her in a single swipe. She never had any friends as a kid either. They were all at school and had their school friends to hang out with. No one bothered with her. Although, Peter did teach her to read and to write, from what he remembered from his early schooling.

"Why weren't your parents bringing in the money? "Jackson asked, looking down with eyes full of sorrow at his sweet little mate. "Me and my brother were taken away from them when I was three. Neither of us know why though." Suddenly, all eyes that were on her felt sorry for Pearl. Pearl could tell they pitied her easily, so she hid her head back into Jacksons' chest.It was clear to see that nobody wanted to speak. It was way to awkward.... except from the loud vampire king, who didn't mind melting the ice over and over again.

Who said vampires were cold?

"Stand up if you believe this girl is your mate. And if you lie, I will instantly declare war on your species. And you all know how strong the vampire army is" he said with a hint of proud hidden within his voice. After a few seconds, the siren prince stood up. There was no point in lying. The sirens would be nothing compared to their army. Then came the Vampire king him self, which earned several gasps from around the room. "Yeah yeah, I finally found my mate, you thought I didn't have one" he muttered in an sarcastic voice, a frown on his lips.

More followed after that; the princess of fairies, the only girl who seemed to stand. Her parents did seem as shocked as she was. Luke stood up... it wasn't a surprise to Pearl, he did seem nervous around her. The prince of elves also stood up, who was soon to become king. And then the one that seemed to shock her the most... The Alpha King stood up, no emotion on his face, tallest out of them all. Pearl gulped looking around at the crowd of people around her. Why did she have so many mates?

"Seeing as I was the one to first claim her, I think we should remain. She clearly feels comfortable around me and would live a simple life." Pearl was surprised at what Jackson had just said. Wasn't she free to make her own decision? She surely would fall in love with at least one of these men... or woman. "Well, me and Pearl have already shared a good laugh, so we could have a friendship that could soon flutter into something else.." Hang on a second; she had laughed once with Luke, over him being awkward. They were simply just making small talk!

At the boys comments, instant shouting began. Everyone in the room back up to where she stood with Jack, fighting over what seemed to be her. Luckily, she escaped from the mess and slowly walked down to the bottom of the room, where the door was. The only person who wasn't fighting was the Alpha, who still stood near the door. "Where are you going, little one?" he asked, stood up at his full height. He was easily a foot and a half taller, as she stood at five foot four. "I - uh-" The king Alpha laughed, smiling down at this mate. Pearl felt awkward under his gaze,  shuffling her feet back and forth.

"I don't see the point in fighting for you up there with those idiots" he said folding his arms. "Your the only one who doesn't 'love' me then. I don't get how they like me without even knowing me." 

The Alpha smiled. "Oh, I do love you. But you clearly don't love any of us... yet. I want you to like me with out being forced." Pearl thanked him for that. At least somebody was acting civil. She noticed that he was happily staring down at her, and she instantly got shy again. She reasoned that she had talked too much to Royals for one day.

As the loud shouting continued, Pearl sighed. She had been stood awkwardly next to the Alpha for five minutes and was starting to get a head ache. The Alpha growled, scaring the living day light out of her. "Those idiots are giving my girl a head ache" Pearl looked up to see his eyes completely yellow.

Crap.

Slowly Pearl started to edge away, but sadly the Alpha noticed. He instantly grabbed Pearl by the arms and held her close, her back against his chest... well, more his abs than anything. She wasn't quite tall enough to be held that high up. He began sniffing into her neck, which she recognised from what Jackson did to calm him self down. It  seemed to work quicker for him though, as she was soon let go. "Sorry. My wolf gets worked up when your hurt or afraid of us" 

Pearl tried to reason that she wasn't that afraid, but was cut off almost instantly. "I understand. I'm twice your size, full muscle, half wolf and extreamly strong. And I've heard what people say. Yes, I am ruthless and heartless... but I never will be with you. I couldn't be." She looked up at him in surprise. Was this man really so deep? Did he already care for her that much?

But at that moment, the whole room went quiet as the large doors slammed open. Layla stood there, panting and out of breathe. "Pearl" she started, spotting me next to the King Alpha. Layla began to pant out random words, which didn't make much sense to poor Pearl. "Break in- Hunters- Your dad- Peter- Death-"

"Wait, Peters here?!"

Words: 1110

Hey guys! I really hope that your liking my story so far. I am trying my best to get the first few chapters out, and then I might be doing some more gradual updates, so stick around for more upcoming updates.

Question of the day: Why do you think Peters there?

Mia

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.