Chapter thirty- eight

Pearl was already up and dressed.

She wore a bright red dress, tight around the top and flowly at the bottom. It ended just below her knees., a bit longer than her usual dresses. The top was off the shoulder, and ended it ties to make the slits for her arms to slip through. 

Why red?

Red was their colour of war.

It symbolised courage, and of course, blood. Blade said that when the won the battle, she would stand by his side and be a symbol of their power.

His power.

Blade cupped her face in his hands and quickly pecked her on the lips. "Stay safe, flower. Don't leave the kids and trust me, I'll be home for tea". He smirked at his words, although his soft brown eyes were filled with worry.

Pearl nodded, watching him run out the door. She was stilla wfully tired after her accident and time giving birth, but she couldn't afford to be weak.

Not in a time like this.

At that moment Katie burst in looking stressed, her kids following. "I've got to go out there and fight, I'm a warrior. You get it, don't you?" she burst out, pacing the room. 

Pearl nodded, holding little Saffron tighter. 

"Everybody else is out there except from the nuns and the children, and my kids really don't like them. Could you...?"

Pearl nodded as she ran back out, leaving a little Xavier holding baby Harry. Pearl tried her best to smile, although the circumstances were bad. 

"Right then, Xavier why don't you come and sit down on the bed with your brother?" he nodded, staying silent the entire time. Pearl placed Saffron back down in her crib, next to her two brothers. 

She began pacing the room before standing by the window. She had a perfct view of what was going on outside! She opened it slightly so that she could hear what was going on better.

Out there, she saw Blade and the pack facing away from her. But then facing towards her? 

Her mates.

In the middle was King Vito, stood in all his glory. She had never seen him look so angry. Nobody dared stand too close to him, as if he would instantly kill them.

"Give us our mate back and this will all be over" he spoke, clearly trying to stay calm. Pearl heard Blade scoff.

He actually just scoffed at the King of Vampires!

"Wheres the fun in that? You'll have to fight us first"

All of the oposing team snarled and charge at them, more emering from the trees. Pearl gasped. There was some many of them! At a closer look, she recognised them alomst immediently;

The Hunters.

The whole Hunter population must have been there, as well as the werewolf army. Of course, there was also teams of all the other species.... 

And it was at that moment that Pearl realised they weren't winning. 

"Sister May!" She screamed out into the hallway. 

The short, stubby nun instantly came running. "My dear, what is wrong?"

"Watch the children, I'm going out there"

"But Luna--"

But Pearl didn't hear her pleas, she was already down the hallway. 

Pearl sprinted with all her might, her tiny legs sprinting their hardest. She had to stop the maddness befor eit was too late; this was all her fault, and she was going to watch her pack fall becaus eof it.

Pearl stumbled out the back door and out onto the trainning field to see the maddness. Fighting was going on everywhere, including lots of people in their wolf form. 

Pearl ran out into the middle of it, her bare feet meeting the grass. But she didn't care; she would run through fire to save the ones that she loved.

She kept going, dodging dead bodies left right and centre. She had to do her best not to cry, she couldn't show weakness. She kept going, aiming for nowhere in particular, before a hand wrapped around her upper arm. 

She halted and her head spun around to meet a pair of bright green eyes.

Zachary.

His black hair was a mess, although tucked behind his elf ears. She thought that he would instantly shout out to people, stop the fighting as he had caught her.....

But he didn't.

He gently dragged her into the woods right by them, and hid them behid a tree. He let out a long sigh and let go of her arm.

"Pearl" he said, his spanish accent creeping though. She had almost forgot that he didn't speak much English. "You need to get out of here"

Pearl looked at him as if he had gone mad.

"You need to out of this crazy thing. Find a nice human place and stay. Stay there. "

She sighed. He was only trying to help her escape.

"I can't Zach. My husband, family and friends are all in there. I must stop this whole thing. You understand, right?" 

Zachary looked pained. He seemed to be battling over his decision in his head before he spoke out loud. 

"Okay. Let me help though"

Pearl nodded before grabbing his hand and draghing him back out on to the field. But as she ran, she saw something...

Something horrible.

There was a man on the floor surrounded by people. 

It was the Alpha King. 

He looked very distressed before his eyes landed on hers. He pointed a single finger at her before two men ran over to them. She looked at Zach who nodded. 

They both walked over to him, Pearl kneeling down. The Alpha King looked up at her. He smiled lightly.

"I never meant for this to happen" Pearl breathed out, eeeing the deep chest wounds. No tears shed from her little eyes, but the distress was clear on her face.

"I'm glad that I got to see you.... at least one last time" He said, grabbing her hand in his. "Pearl, I have a gift for you. I'm about to die, so don't reject it" he laughed.

Peral smiled, eyes watering.

"I-1 want you to take the kingdom"

She gasped, as well as several other men. 

"But sire-"

He cut off the man who spoke. "I never had an heir, I would only have one with you. So, I trust that your future children will carry the weight"

Pearl sat there confused. Why would he give her the entire kingdom? They barely knew each other!

"Your queen now..." he whispered as his eyes shut closed. 

And they would never open again.

Words: 1050

Oh my god.... can she really be queen? And what about her life as Luna, with Blade?

Question of the day: What should Pearl do?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.