Chapter fifteen

Beta Johnson led Pearl up to a gigantic looking mansion (although no where as big as the castle) that she knew she would get lost in if she were to be left alone in her time there. It was made of old sand coloured brick with big columns  "You live here?" she whispered, although the Beta still seemed to hear her. "I live here with my pack" he responded, not paying much attention to her.

Pearl didn't really know a lot about packs, and that was the problem with never going to school. Although, the little kids she used to watch mentioned some things whilst playing 'werewolves'. They kept in packs, like regular wolves. If someone left the pack system, they were a rogue. The Alpha was the leader, the Beta was the second... there was a third, but she can't remember the name. Who ever the Alpha married would become Luna, and the weakest pack links were called Omegas. That seemed a little unfair to Pearl; sure, single out the strongest, but why make the weakest look bad? She knew that she would have been one of them.

Pearl followed the Beta as quickly as she could, trying to ignore intrigued eyes as she passed by. This pack must have been big! She felt so small under their glares, although it seemed to boost Beta Johnsons' confidence. "He's in there. Lets go."

He swung open the large doors with out even knocking, Pearl cowering back at the slam. A very tall man, about the height of Vito and the Alpha King stood looking out the window, his back faced to the two. "I hope this is important John, you know what day today is" Tuesday? Or was it Thursday? Pearl wasn't sure. "Actually, Alpha, when out on my patrol I found you this. I feel a connection to her, but I can't tell what."

The man turned around and looked down startled at a cowering Pearl. Pearl didn't want to piss him off; she knew she shouldn't have followed.  "Johnson, leave" As the Beta walked away, he didn't even spare Pearl a second glance. Great!

She was doomed.

"What were you doing on my land, little flower?" he asked, gazing down at Pearl with awe struck eyes. "I thought that I was still on the kings land..." she started, but the Alpha laughed. "You, my flower, have bad direction. The Kings land runs the other way, you are well over three miles away from the border of his land"

Pearl sighed. That was a good distance for a human, but what about the other species? "Ummm... how l-long would it take for a werewolf or a vampire to run that distance?" "Hmmmmm, well a few minutes for a werewolf, a minute at the very most for a vampire. Why flower, are you being followed?" She nodded her head, trying to steady her quick breathes.

He bent down to look at her. "You can stay here, okay? Nobody will think that a human girl would hide in the worlds biggest pack, now would they?" Pearl gasped. They were the biggest? And he was going to let her stay there? "Alright little flower?" she didn't reply just gave him a massive hug, even if she missed most of the top.

***********************************************************************************************

Pearl had a very weird dream that night... it was exactly like the one she had before she was taken to the castle, and then the one she had there. The man stood there, strong tall. "I can see your features now" he whispered stepping closer to Pearl. "I'm glad that your finally here" he said, cupping one side of her face with his hand. "I still can't see you" she said looking up at him confused. He laughed, spinning Pearl around slowly. He brung her back against him, her head reaching his chest.

"I heard off my boss that your running away from someone. Who is it?" she sighed looking up at him. "I still don't understand it... I'm something called an eclipse or something. But for some reason I just feel like I am there mate... but their not mine." Pearl whispered, snuggling deeper into his chest. She felt the growl come from inside his chest, but didn't feel the need to move like she did with other people. 

"My little flower... it's going to be okay. Just stay at the pack your at... I know that they will protect you. And when its time, I will come and collect you." he kissed her cheek and ran his fingers through her long hair. "Your so beautiful. Never forgot that" she nodded, but as he began to fade, she tried to grab onto his hand. He stopped and looked at her for a second. "Who are you?" she asked, tears in her stunning eyes. When he didn't answer, she asked again. "When will I see you again?" But this time he did answer.

"Soon. Very soon"

***********************************************************************************************

Pearl woke up in the massive double bed that she had been told to sleep in. It was only a plain white, but so much comfier than what she had ever felt before. Why were these people being so kind to a human girl like her? Were they going to take her back to the kings? That couldn't happen... Pearl looked down to see that she was still in that disgusting blanket. Yuck.

No wonder people were staring at her.

Pearl got up to see a note on the dresser in the room;

Pearl,

Please wear anything you can find in this room that is sports appropriate. Today you will be going out to train with a werewolf, not sure who yet. I hope you slept alright;

Beta Johnson.

Pearl looked out the window to see a lot of people in sports gear. She sighed. Why did she have to go out there with them? She wasn't a werewolf and was one of the weakest people that she knew, besides Petal...

PETAL!

How  could she have forgotten about her so called daughter? She had promised to take her to get ice cream today... and who would look after her? She hoped Layla, but she hated kids. And Mrs. Potters had to much on her hands to properly care for her. She just had to pray somebody would step up.

In the end, Pearl got changed into a black sports bra/ crop top and pink leggings. She couldn't remember the last time that she had not worn a dress or a skirt. She wore black trainers with it and tied her hair back into a high pony tail. At least she looked okay... maybe that would make her seem fitter?

When Pearl got outside, after a lot of asking for directions, she spotted the Beta calling her over. She walked quickly over to him, at the back of the field outside. "So, Pearl, done any training before?" he asked her, trying to make conversation with the quiet human. But she just shook her head, hair bouncing up and down.

After ten minutes, Beta Johnson sighed. "I was told some one was coming to train you. I don't have time for this..." But just then, the Alpha him self walked up to them. "Good morning, Alpha" the Beata said, completely dismissing his rude comment he had just made to Pearl. "Sir, who will be training the human? Because nobody has turned out and she is just to weak to really do anything an-"

"I will"

Words:1231

Hiya! Thanks for reading, I am very thankful for all of you, please comment and answer the question of the day :D

Question of the day: Why do you think their letting her stay at their pack?

Mia x 

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.