Chapter twenty nine

King Alpha Samuel P.O.V

"Look, it's not my fault that you can't take care of a few rouges. Now get out, before I make you" I growled out at some unknown Alpha, who easily retreated out of my office. So many people had what they called 'problems', but nothing was compared to the shit that I was going through.

I had lost my mate. Well, I could tell that she wasn't dead as I could still feel the mate bond, but she still wasn't here. With me. She was suppose to stand by me, as queen and as my wife. I hadn't gotten to spend much time with the little human, but I already knew that she was the one I would wed. The one who would bare my pups. And the one who I would love until the day that I died. 

King Vito suggested that it would be him that she would choose, as they had already shared a kiss. But I brushed it aside, knowing that it would be no problem. The second that I next lay eyes on her, I will bend down on to one knee and propose. If she denies my request, I will be forced to black mail her. Of course I don't want to, but it works with every thing else. Her brother and his fiance are locked up in my cellar, and if she ever wanted to see them again, she would be forced to marry me.

Ruthless, I know. But it was the way that I had been brung up; as a ruthless werewolf, made for power and destruction. I clearly had a lot of power too. But the only two stronger things than power are what I was depending on to get my bride; Fear and Hope. She would either fear for her brothers life, instantly coming forth to save him. He was the only family that she seemed to have left, and I knew that she would dop any thing to protect him.

Or Hope would win the day. She would be so hopeful to see her brother, or to have a life of riches, that she would instantly come. She would have a hope to start a new life. Hope for a better one. And hope that with me, she would never have to go back to her kidnappers again.

"Hey" I heard a voice say as they entered my office. I looked up to see Jackson. Oh poor Jack. My best friend of forever, destined for his mate to reject him. I had never really wanted a mate for any thing besides power, but I knew Jack had always wanted one for every thing else. Every thing better. He wanted to love her to the absoloute brim. He wanted to propose in the perfect way. Have kids with her, build a happy family. You know, as a teenager, he made a book filled with all the perfect dates and acts of love that he could preform on her?

Yeah.

He was that serious about some one he had never met.

And now, would never be his.

"That annoying Alphas' gone" he said, running his fingers through his hair.  He looked terrible, and I knew exactly how he felt. He felt as though a piece of his heart had just been ripped out, and needed it back desperately to survive. I just nodded at him, grunting as I did so. I never expected the eclipse to come about my reign, but I knew if it did, I would have to share her. Fight for her. But we never could have guessed that the Moon Goddess would inclue two second in commands, leaving Jack in a mess. He was never prepared to fight for her. He thought that it would just be easy, like a normal relationship.

But it wasn't an easy relationship.

"Sam" he started. He was only allowed to use my nick name in private, as it would be seen as disrespectful if he called me it in front of other people. Even if he was the Royal Beta. "Are we actually gonna get Pearl back?" my first enitial thought was to rip his head off if he though I was gonna share her. But then I just took a deep breathe. He was my best mate, and going throught he exact same thing that I was going through. "I sure hope so"

I knew that Jackson was the most let down out of all of us, even if I hated to admit it. He had met her first, thinking that she was going to be his perfect mate. And then he got slapped in the face with a sandwich, not knowing what the pickle happened. He had kind of given up after that, when we all thought he had a serious chance. We thought that he might actually win her heart... and then he just didn't try any more. He didn't think he could get to her heart first, when really he was already there.

All he had to do was defend it.

At that moment a short human girl in a maids uniform ran in, panting hard, deeply out of breathe. "Sir" she started, bent over her knees. "There is a large group of people out side demanding to see you!" I instantly growled. I swore, if it was Pearls' kidnappers, I was going to rip every single one of their heads off. 

Me and Jackson instantly stormed outside, ready to defend our land. We weren't letting any one in un- invited.As we walked through the castle, we saw the rest of Pearls' mates appeared. All except one; the witchy magicy fellow. They all had the same looks on their faces, except from Zachary. Zach was next in line for the elves throne, and still quite young. Spanish, I think he was. He had a little human girl in his arms, who looked hugely confussed. She was grabbing on to him tightly, as if he was his only line of safety. 

Eventually, we passed the head chef, who Zach passed the little girl too. "I'll be back soon. Wait for me in our room, okay?" She just nodded, going with the old lady towards the stairs. Zach instantly changed his expression, joining our deadly ones.All of us had no clue what was going on, but we all knew it was serious.

And it got even more serious when we saw a group of people outside, all wearing the same uniform. 

The hunters.

Words: 1073

AAAAHHHH! I didn't really enjoy writing that chapter, but decided to any way, as if contributes to the story line a lot. And with out it, I don't think the story will form together as good as it should in future chapters.

Question of the day: Are you confused about any thing?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.