Chapter thirty one

Before the start of this Chapter, I wanted to ask you guys something; if you could have a picture of one cast member, who would it be? This isn't the QOTD, but it is something I think all of you would benefit from. Lots of you are still reading and not commenting or voting, so if I please;

The book is free bloody comment; if not, I'll kill you with my AR :).

THREE WEEKS LATER

The music started to play and her nerves went up. The butterflies never stomped swimming around her stomach, leaving her with an un-explainable giddy feeling. Her legs turned in to two flimsy noddles, unable to hold her properly. She just thanked God that Katie had not only offered to be her maid of honour but to give her away too. 

Pearls only three bridesmaids walked out and she could hear the whole pack burst out laughing. Pearl thought it was a bit sad to only have one brides maid other than Katie, so she had to do what she had to do. Doctor Reynolds was one of her brides maids, wearing a short purple dress. The other two wore the exact same dress as her... except it looked a little different on them.

The only other two people she knew enough to be her brides maids were Alex and Aiden, the twins, who happily agreed to do it. They said it would be a pleasure to be their Lunas' brides maids and they had never felt more important.

As she and Katie walked out, she had to walk slow, as to not trip on her dress. (Picture below, not her in the picture and it trails out longer ;P) It had a long trail of fabric that dragged along behind her, giving of the effect of an elegant swan. The top of the dress was tight, showing off her bust, with a flowery laced pattern for the arms, which were short, going just over the shoulder. Her hair was curled elegantly down, more than it naturally was. She wore a silver tiara with it, wich had blue gems on it, to match her engagement ring and eyes.

 She wore a silver tiara with it, wich had blue gems on it, to match her engagement ring and eyes

She held a small bunch of flowers in her hands, which she grabbed on too tightly for comfort. She thought that it would be scary, with all those eyes on her as she walked down the aisle, but it wasn't. She barely noticed them. For her eyes only lay on her soon- too -be husband. He looked dashingly handsome stood up by the alter, in a light grey suit hugging his tall body. 

"Hi" he whispered as she stood next to him, Katie letting go to stand to her side. We didn't write our own vows, deciding to go with the classical version instead. Besides; Blade was a very classical person himself.  "I, Alpha Blade, take thee, Pearl Brown - Smith, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge myself to you."

She repeated them, having no trouble remembering the words, as she had expected to. "I, Pearl Brown- Smith, take thee, Alpha Blade, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge myself to you."

"You may kiss the bride!" And so that is what happened; he kissed her like he always had done. She expected it to feel something more special, or even just more in general. But it didn't. It felt the same as any other day. Once their lips had parted, she looked down at her new wedding ring. She still wore her engagement ring, he little blue and silver flower, but her wedding ring was slipped on to the same finger, resting just above the other one. It wasn't as fancy as the first one, only a plain silver ring. Although, on the top side, it was studded with small silver diamonds, matching the other ring very much.

"So, where are you going on your honey moon?!" Katie practically screamed down Pearls' ear as they walked back to the pack house for the dinner. Her hand was placed in Blades', who had been acting very sensitive after the ceremony. She hadn't a clue in the wolrd why, but she was trying to make his calmer by staying close. "We're not having one. It isn't a big thing for us" Blade said confidently, as if they had made the decision together.

But it was a big thing for Pearl, she just didn't want to ask for more when he had already done so much for her. She had always dreamed of travelling, before settling down and having kids. Peter and her had been saving up to travel a bit, but that chance was gone when she went in to the castle. And it still was gone. She was now having kids, married and was forced not to leave the pack house without twenty million other wolves.

It sounded like she had been given a prison sentence.

*****

The meal they had was nice, but nothing much different from what they had every other night. She obviously sat next to Blade, who was being cold towards her the whole entire night. She sighed, turning back to her pumpkin soup, which luckily had no raw meat in it. Still, as before, a lot of the food was raw. 

Just like Blades personality.

It seemed that his patience had been rubbed so hard for too long, and now it was painful and not really there any more. For the past three weeks, Blade had been growing more and more distant. And along with him, Pearls bump was getting bigger and bigger. She was now just over a month pregnant, with a month left to go. She thought Blade would be excited with her, especially the first time she felt one of them kick... but no.

He was still as cold as the ice in his heart.

When Blade was no longer talking to Doctor Reynolds, Pearl jumped in to talk to him. "Hey, I think I finally thought of one of the boys' names," she said happily, placing her hand over his. He smiled back but pulled his hand away all the same. "Great. What is it?" He seemed to talk as though he was being forced to, gritting his teeth together. Pearl just gulped, trying to keep the smile on her face. "Austin" she managed to whisper, even the name making her happier. "It comes from English origin, meaning great or magnificent. So, you know, I thought it wo-" she was cut off by a loud sigh coming from his mouth.

"Women, please shut up and go and get me some headache tablets" he grunted out, shocking me as much as it did Katie and Johnson. He had never been so rude towards her, never. Katie seemed to get very worked up about it, starting to rant at him. "Do you know how much that girl has done for you?! So much more than what you have done for her! She brought you out of a dark time, and this is how you treat her after marriage? My God your such a shitter!"

Instantly, Blade began to get angry, standing up at his full height. He too started to shout back at Katie, then getting Johnson involved. Pearl didn't know how to react, so she just stayed there, sat looking like an idiot. Lots more pack members started to get involved, some backing up their Alpha, others their friends. Pearl had no clue what to do, and was so grateful when Alex and Aiden came and escorted her out of the room. 

Blade looked like a bomb about to explode, his claws and teeth coming out to play. He looked like such a monster... and that was not the man Pearl had wanted to marry. She wanted to marry someone who was always nice to her, that had shown their softer to her... which he had, but even then, he wasn't always affectionate towards her. He just almost took her for granted. 

And that wasn't a man she wanted to marry.

Words: 1355

Thanks for still reading this book! I swear, it will get more exciting as we work our way up through the chapters.

Question of the day: Why do you think Blade is acting the way he is?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.