Chapter thirty

Royal Beta Jacksons' P.O.V

Hunters.

I snarled in distaste as the word burned like venom on my tongue. They were our most likely suspects for stealing away Pearl, and I already knew that I was gonna kill them for it. I may ahve backed down from trying to win over Pearl, but I will not back down from getting my revenge.

They were all dressed in black, with the hunters symbol on every single one of there uniforms. They all wore black face masks, covering every thing apart from their eyes... all except three. Two men stood there, also in the uniform, but with out their hoods on. It was clear to see that they were most likely the leaders, as I don't think any body else would be so brave to openly show off their identity.One of the two men, who stood further back than the other, had blonde hair and brown eyes. He wasn't any thing special, and he looked to  be the second in command.

Their leader stood out a lot more though. He had a bit of a stubbly beard going on around his mouth, forming prickles like those on a cactus. His hair was a deep jet black, much alike Pearls hair... oh Pearl, how I missed her. I couldn't even get her off of my mind in a time like this! The mans hair was scruffy, a big mess on top of his head. His eyes though, a startling green. One, long scar ran through his eyebrow and down his face. It was annoying, really, how he looked very much like a deadly man.

The last persons whose face wasn't covered was actually a women, who wore no uniform at all. She had a big blue jumper on and dark, black jeans. Her facial features were soft, unlike the previous mans' sharp features. She had long, soft, brown hair that fell down to the bottom of her back. Her eyes were her prettiest features though; a lights bright blue, that could be seen from miles away. And when they looked up to me, a strange sensation came over me, like I had seen them before...

It was almost as though Pearl was staring at me her self.

"Well well well" the man who I presumed was the leader spoke, a grin forming on his face. "Which one of you did my daughter choose? Why, she hasn't even brung any of you over for dinner yet!" I froze. Was he refering to....? "Yes, let me intruduce my self. I am Jacob Smith, leader of the Hunters. Other wise known as, Pearl and Peters' father".

Every single one of us froze. We knew that she came from hunters blood, but didn't realise that her dad was the leader! This was clearly news to all of us. None of us really knew how to respond, that was clear to see. We hadn't excpecting any thing along the lines of this, and it was obvious that we were all like deer staring in to a set of head lights.

Dumb and stupid.

We should have looked in to her family history sooner, then we might have been a bit more prepared for a bomb like this. "You see, I want to know that my daughter is safe as much as you do. So, I will offer my assistance to help search for her. You and I know perfectly well that the hunters are the best trackers in the world, even better than you wolves". We all looked at each other. Of course, we wanted his help. If he was willing... but we had all been at war since the dawn of time. Or at least, just a few years after the reveloution. 

"Of course, no matter how much I love my daughter, it comes at a price. In return, we want Peter. My son. And don't even try to lie, we know you've got him. " Before any of us could react, King Vito stepped forward. "We will not give you Peter" . I practically chocked. What was he going on about?! Had he gone mad?! Give the stupid boy up for Pearl, we don't need him if we have them!

"You know that when we find Pearl, she shall hate us all for giving up her brother." Vito spoke firmly, not faltering at all as his words came out. The dude  really was plain and void, no emotion showing. How had Pearl kissed that guy first? Pearls father just nodded, sighing as he did so. It was almost as if he had expected for this to happen. "We may have kept our distance from our children in the past, but now we want to be closer. Of course, after the whole things over, we will go back to being enemies. But I and her mother will want to stay as close as possible to the children. So, they will visit each other and write regularly. Happy?"

Vito seemed to think for a moment, before taking a step back to be in line with us. It was a sigh that he was agreeing to the pact, but of course it was not just his choice. It was all of our choice. I already knew that i would agree to it, but my Alpha had to have the same vote. Despite us being best friends, I knew that I still had to follow him; my leader. I looked over t him, who nodded at me. "Me and Beta Jackson agree. So does King Vito." 

I looked down the line to see several mates debating. "Fine... as long as no one is harmed in the process, except her kidnappers, I agree too." Princess Evangeline was a quiet character, but very head strong too. She was brought up to be elegant and a leader for her kind... but really, she was still a little girl under the surface. 

Zachary then spoke up, a look of disgust on his face. "It is clear to see that I will be out voted any way, but I vote no. We shouldn't trust them, and I know Luke would agree. I don't care if hes King Vitos' second, but we both vote no". I rolled my eyes. He should calm down, nothing bad will happen on our watch. They could be a big help, and Luke wasn't here to vote, so it didn't count.

"I, Prince Chase of the seas, pledge my vote to proceed with the pact". I sniggered slightly. He had been brung up to be such a brat, and spoke like that just to sound important. But then again, if he had the sense to side with us, then he was alright.... as long as he didn't hurt Pearl. 

"It's agreed then. My troops will set up camp here, outside on the castle grounds, whilst I hope you can spare a bed room for me and my wife." He said. The Alpha King just nodded, walking back in, allowing them to follow us. I watched as he followed, dragging his wife along carefully. So she was Pearls' mum. Huh. She looked scared out of her mind, tears in her eyes, her breathing deep. And she was so alike Pearl in that way;

Fragile.

Words: 1197

Thanks for reading this book guys!!!!! Remember to vote and/or comment. I'm going to be trying to update more frequently, so stay alert for those updates!

Question of the day:  Jackson or Samuel?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.