Chapter thirty two

This chapter has to be dedicated to  EiriniKara97. You have been voting all the way and haven't given up on my story, unlike a lot of other readers. Thank you a lot! 

If any of you guys want a dedication, you need to start to vote and comment on my chapters. Thank you, I am grateful to all of you!

Zachary P.O.V

I didn't like it.

I didn't like one bit of it. We could never trust the hunters before, so why should we be able to trust the now? Especially where our soul mate is involved. I had hardly gotten to even know Pearl before she left, and it wasn't fair. King Vito seemed to know a lot about her, and I mean a lot. It wasn't fair that I knew hardly any thing, and it was even worse on poor Evangeline. She hadn't even had a private conversation with the girl before she took off!

  And yes, I said took off and not kidnapped. I believe that it wasn't actually her being taken away, but her trying to escape her fate with all of us. I mean, would any normal human girl walk willingly in to the clutches of the most dangerous people in the world? 

No.

She wouldn't. 

And can you blame her? Really? Her life was doomed here. If she ever did finally choose one of us, then an instant war would probably break out. Not all species would probably start to participate, like the elves realm wouldn't. But the vampires, werewolves and probably the sirens too would participate. Then the witches would be pulled in, as they have a strong alliance with the vampires. Then the fairies, who have their strongest alliance with the werewolves. And then of course it would be tough for us elves, who have a really secure pact with the fairies, but we have also pledged to help protect the sea if any thing were to ever happen.

That was the tricky part. Of course, the first choice would be the fairies, who we have been partners with for the longest. But then, the sirens threaten us a lot. We probably have the joint third strongest army, with the witches, so we could easily take them. They aren't at all strong on the land. But, they happen to know a lot of our secrets.... and to be honest, the vampires would probably win. As much as we hated the blood suckers, if we wanted to survive, they would probably be the side to go with.

I won't drag on and on with all the political points as well, as they too, hold very long descriptions. But yes; it would be a mess. So really, I think that it's a good thing that she got out whilst she still could. Once your mixed in with international affairs, its pretty tricky to get out, if impossible. That is why I never really liked being a prince, soon to become the king. I was meant to become king when I turned eighteen, but I didn't feel ready. At twenty, a few days before my coronation, I backed out. I decided that I wanted to reign with my mate by my side and nobody else.

Of course, my father was cross at my waiting, but he couldn't blame me. Him and my mother are so happy together, and they are mates. Now, at twenty two, when I finally find her.... I won't even get her. Sure, I'm still gonna try, even if it is unlikely. The whole time she has been away I have been trying to get better at my English, even if I'm still not fluent. But people say I'm getting better...

"Daddy!" I heard a little female voice scream. As sat up from the bed in my room and opened up my arms. "Hello Biscuit" I said, scooping her up in to my arms. "I lost my tooth today!" She said proudly, holding it up in front of me. I smiled.

This was Petal. I knew Pearl was incredibly close to her, and allowed her to call her 'mummy'. She was the one practically looking after Petal, and once she left, nobody else stepped up. The Alpha King suggested that King Vito should do it, but he wouldn't. He claimed to hate the 'thing', and wouldn't look after her no matter what. So, I stepped up, even if I wasn't really ready to look after a child.

I could still try...
...Right?

After just a short time with the small girl, I had grown attached. And so had she! She soon asked me if it was alright for her to call me daddy, which I of course agreed to. She was just too cute to say no to. But it also put me on edge... if we ever got Pearl back, how would she feel about it all? Would I still be allowed to see the little darling? And the whole 'mummy and daddy' thing.... that was bound to get a bit awkward.

"The tooth fairy will come... won't she?" she said as I plopped her down on to my bed, sitting next to her. As a kid, we had never had a tooth fairy, but I had heard it was a thing popular among small children. "Yes, of course they come. Why would they not come?" I said, trying to use as much English as humanly possible. It may still be a bit muddled, but it was getting better.  I could string together simple sentences, and understand practically every thing. It was just some long,, complicated words that I would forget...

She giggled, climbing in to my massive kings sized bed. "I suppose so" she laughed, slipping the tooth under the large pillow. God, it was going to be hard to find it under there. It was so small, and the pillow so big... well, at least Petal was a heavy sleeper. I rubbed her cheek and bent down and pecked it with my lips. Making sure she was tucked in, I walked over to the door. "Good night daddy" she yawned, turning over to face the other way as I snapped the light off, leaving her in darkness. Thank the Lord she wasn't afraid of the dark, because I don't know if I could cope!

"Night biscuit"

Words: 983

Thanks for reading this chapter. Show me some support and comment down your thoughts on the storyline!

Question of the day: What do you think of Zachary?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.