Chapter 11

[ Alyys ]

My hands hold on to Justin as I lean against the wall. Justin placed his hands on my hips. Our lips can't seem to leave each other. I let my hands run through his hair and I can feel him pulling me closer. The music is banging into my ears and my stomach is trying to tell me that something isn't right. I drank way too much, but who cares. I am feeling great tonight.

Justin's lips leave mine, only to continue on the side of my neck. I close my eyes and let my body decide what to do. I tilt my head a little and open my eyes again. Wrong decision. There, at the bar. That's where he is standing. Even though we stand in a dark corner, he must have seen us. I can't help but keep looking at him. Thinking about all the things that have been said to me.

I can't think straight anymore. My head is confusing me, making up things that never happened. I am so lost in my own head that I don't realize Justin has taken my hand and we are walking up the stairs. I look up when we stumble into a dark room. I can see the silhouette of a closet and a bed. Justin takes my hands again and we both go and sit on the bed.

Just when he wants to kiss me again, I can finally speak again.
"I'm sorry, about what I said earlier. I'm too tired for this, sorry..."
"What do you mean?" He starts to kiss my neck again.

"I don't want to, Justin." I gently push I'm away and lay down. Justin places his hands beside my head and leans over me.
"Come on, Alyys."
I shake my head and look over at him.

Justin completely ignores me and starts to kiss me. I guess he drank more then what I have seen. He moves one of his hands to my leg. I try to break the kiss but Justin keeps forcing his lips on mine. I know he wants me, but I just want to sleep. I feel his hand slowly going upwards my leg. I grab his hand and turn my head away from him.

"Justin, can we please just sleep? I don't want to right now..."
He angrily mumbles some things and sighs. "Fine, whatever."

I don't care who's bed this is, I'm sleeping here. I take off my shoes and go lay under the covers. Justin does the same and immediately falls asleep. I have to admit, sometimes he can only think about the things he wants. But I can't blame him, right?

I go lay on my side and look at him. He looks so peaceful, so sweet and kind. He may look that way, but he certainly isn't that all the time.

But I can't blame him for what happened, he is just drunk. Drunk people do weird stuff. I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling. It is white, or at least that's what I think it is. I feel kind off dizzy.

My stomach stopped hurting, thank god. I can't lay here doing anything. Out of nothing I start getting energetic again. I want to go down again. Drink again. Dance again. Have fun, which I can do without Justin.

I try to get up without too much noise, but I completely fail at that. I immediately fall down when I get up from the bed, hitting my head on the floor.
"Fuck..."

I should really stop drinking this much when I go out. I get up again and slowly put on my shoes. Without letting go of the walls and stair railing I get down again. The music is still blasting and I hear some voices. In the hall, I pass some people. Most of them making out, and also drunk.

It feels like my mind and body have separated. My mind tells me to get back, go to Justin and sleep. My body wants to party, drink, have fun. I don't want to sleep. I want to party.

I grab a new red cup from the bar and lean against a table. Watching people has always been a good activity when being bored. But one person catches my eyes more than the others.

I keep looking at him. He is probably having a great time, that's what it looks like. Girls are following him like pups and he knows it. He keeps getting new drinks for them and his friends. But when his eyes meet the mine, he leaves his friends to make his way over to me.

"Alyys, I thought you and Justin were upstairs?"
I put away the cup and start to giggle, one of the things I do when I am really drunk.
"No, you silly! Justin fell asleep and I didn't want to sleep, so I came back down."

"Maybe you should go back up. You seem pretty drunk and I don't want anything to happen to you." I shake my head and place my hands against his chest.

"Caleb, I'm fine. I feel great. I just want to have some fun, that's all!" He laughs a little and grabs my hand, placing it at the table.

"I don't think Justin would like that."
"He's asleep, I don't care."
"Well... ok then, but I will watch you."

We have a few more drinks. Caleb takes my hands and walks to an empty spot between all the people. I don't let go of his hand and look at him. He clearly seems drunk but who cares at this moment. We dance for what feels like hours, having the time of our lives. I can't help myself but look at him.

He actually has really pretty eyes, the ones you would drown in. His hair is brown and curly. I can't help myself but run my hands through it. Caleb looks up and frowns.

"Sorry, your hair looks so soft, and it is!"
He starts to laugh and does the same with my hair.
"Yours is soft too, Alyys."

People are starting to leave the party, but we are still dancing. Caleb has forbidden me to get another drink, he thinks I'm too drunk. I feel myself slowly getting tired but I don't want to stop this moment.

"How late is it?"
"Time for you to sleep, sweetheart."
I start to giggle when he calls me sweetheart.
"Never, I can go without sleep." He chuckles and wraps his arms around me. I give him a little grin and lay my hands back on his chest.

I should have stopped. My mind is screaming at me, telling me to stop. But I'm not listening anymore. My body is deciding for me. I take a step toward him, sinking deeper into those pretty blue eyes.

"Alyys, I don't think this is a good idea..."
My mind is agreeing with him. But I can't. We both know we secretly want it, we also know we can't. But we will.

Before I can say anything back, he pushes his lips against mine. I freeze, wanting to push him away. But instead, I kiss him back. His arms pull me closer to him and underneath my hands, I feel his beating heart. I let a hand run through his hair. I shiver when his hands move to the back of my dress. I feel my body wanting more.

What feels like an eternity only lasted one minute or two. My mind and body start to become one again and my mind makes me think of Justin. Only seeing his face, being disappointed in me for doing this, it makes my stomach turn around.

I let Caleb go and push him away. I start to feel sick, so sick. Sick of myself for doing this. Caleb grabs my hand but I pull it away.
"Alyys?"

Softly I shake my head. I can't look at him, or myself. Or Justin in the morning. How am I suppose to keep this to myself? I did the one thing we promised never to do; cheat.

Tears make there way out of the corner of my eyes, making every light looking blurry. I take a few steps back and look up.

"I'm sorry, I have to go..."
Caleb doesn't seem to understand me, because he tries to convince me to stay. I can't stay in this house, everything here makes me feel sick. I ignore him and walk away. Don't look behind you, Alyys. He is probably staring with his puppy eyes, begging you to stay this one night with him.

I grab my jacket and walk outside into the warm sea wind. I can't go home either, so I make my way over to Maddie's house. Please be home. I need you right now.