Chapter 22

[ Alyys ]

It has been some time since I've worn this dress. The last time I got sick out of my mind, with a horrible hangover the next day. But that's not gonna happen tonight. I stare into the mirror. Something is missing. I walk back to the vanity and grab a red lipstick. It's the only one I own, though.

I walk back and carefully trace out my lips, filling them in after. My hair has been slightly curled and I stare at myself. I don't look like myself. I pull the dress a bit down, questioning if I still fit it.

Justin walks into the room and stands still. I look at him through the mirror and I can see him stare. I get a bit uncomfortable and begin to blush.

"Stop staring, please..."
He looks up and lets out a soft chuckle. Justin grabs his shoes and puts them on, still looking at me.

"I'm sorry, I just can't help it," he stands up and comes up to me, stopping right behind me.

"You look, so beautiful..."
I turn around and give him a little push, laughing uncomfortably.
"Whatever, we should leave if you want to get there on time."

I have no idea why I'm doing this. Maybe because Maddie invited me. Or because Justin convicted me it was going to be fun. I stare outside the window when we ride to the house.

Maddie is throwing another party and she insisted that I should come too. She even called me multiple times, reminding me what time it started and that it's going to be awesome!' if I should believe her.

We get out of the car and get greeted by loud music. People are walking around the garden, laughing at each other and holding the famous red cups. No party is complete without them, of course. Justin grabs my hand and we walk inside.

"I'll get us some drinks if you find Maddie."
I nod and let him go. I ignore the stares I get from almost every boy inside the house. Why did I do this again? I try to suppress myself from blushing again and look around to find Maddie. Of course, she's hanging on the couch, having a group of boys around her.

She smiles when she sees me and stands up.
"Holy crap! look at you, Aly!"

"Stop it, you're gonna make me blush dummy."
I start to laugh and give her a quick hug. She smells like beer and a mix of sweet, alcoholic scent. I'm guessing she's already a bit tipsy, but I don't mind it. I take place beside her on the couch. The boy beside me gets too close for my feeling.

I look up when I feel a hand going down my spine, making its way towards my butt. I can feel his fingers slowly digging itself into my skin. My heart stops for a second and I stare at the wall.

You always see yourself acting up in situations like this. But you don't. You get scared. And I got scared. Scared for nothing. He didn't do anything, at least that's what I thought. He just touched my spine. And maybe my butt if Justin didn't come just in time.

I brushed it off like it was nothing. But it was something. It had put me in a situation where I felt so vulnerable. I should have done something, but I got scared.

Justin pushes the boy away and gives him one of his famous 'I'll kill you' look. I grab the cup he hands me and take a sip. My throat starts to burn when I swallow the pinkish liquid. Probably a mix of almost everything that was there, as usual. We start to talk a bit with everybody and get red cups pushed into our hands every now and then.

I look over at Justin. He laughs and puts his arm around me. He's probably having a great time, like always when he's at parties. I drink up the last bit in my cup and put it on the table.

Almost immediately after I get another one pushed into my hands. I bring it up to my face and sniff the liquid. It smells strong, probably a mix of vodka and soda.

"Please don't tell me you're not gonna drink that."
I look up when Maddie starts to talk to me. I laugh back and take a sip to prove I will. She stands up and asks around if anyone wants a drink. Justin raises his hand and they have a little chat about what would fuck him up the most.

I can't help but notice how they keep laughing at each other. Don't think about it. Don't do this to yourself, Alyys. I push the thoughts to the side and take a big sip of the mystery liquid. I frown when I taste a salty aftertaste.

Maddie disappears into the kitchen and gets Justin his drink. He keeps pulling me closer and closer, eventually pulling me almost on his lap. I take a few more big sips and sit down on his lap. I don't really care anymore. My plan to not get waisted has already been forgotten.

My head starts to feel heavy but I keep drinking. I keep tasting something salty but whatever. I look over at a group of boys. One is holding a small bottle with a liquid in it. They all look up at me when he stops talking. I blink and the group has disappeared.

"Where did they go?"
Justin looks up and seems confused.
"The group of boys, by the fireplace... They were there, just a second ago."
It's just now that I feel Justin his arms around me. Did I blink? Or did I fall asleep? Before he can answer me, he gets interrupted by his friends and starts to talk with them.

I stay on the couch for a few more hours. It is deep in the night and I'm still drinking. My eyes keep closing and when I open them, the time has flown by. I drink the last bit out of my cup and put it away. My vision is getting slow. Everything feels like it's going in slow motion. I look around and try to find Maddie but she's gone.

Justin takes a seat next to me. We haven't talked much this night, but we know that we are both enjoying ourselves. I notice him looking away when I try to look at him. His head turns to the stairs and I follow him. The only thing I can see is a pair of heels walking up the stairs. But I have no idea who they belong to.

Justin stands up and gives me a quick kiss.
"I'll be back soon, just wait here ok?"

I nod my head since that's the only thing I can do. He smiles and walks towards the kitchen. I stare at the wall, feeling my eyes closing again. But I shake my head and keep them open. Don't fall asleep again, Alyys.

All of a sudden I get this feeling. This weird feeling inside me. Something isn't right. I stand up and try not to fall over. One of the boys tries to help me, but I push him away. I don't need help, I can do this all by myself. I make my way over to the kitchen. Justin isn't there anymore. I make my way through the whole house, slowly and constantly holding on to the wall.

Until I stop at the stairs. A couple gets down all giggling and laughing. It has been some time since I've seen Maddie. I wait for the couple to come down and move one leg on to the stairs. I quickly grab the railing and making my way upstairs. What probably would have taken me less than a minute when drunk, took me a full three minutes now.

Eventually, I get upstairs and look around. Doors are being closed and locked. People are laughing and looking around if there are still some rooms left.

I walk through the hallway, looking around if I can find Justin. My head starts to feel so heavy. My eyes feel so heavy. I just want to lay down and sleep.

I stop when I get to the bathroom. It isn't locked. I hear some footsteps and muffled voices coming from the inside. Should I open it? I'm getting kind of curious and grab the doorknob, staring at it and trying to figure out how it works. Why is everything so hard right now?

I figure out that it is a twist, not a pushdown doorknob. I carefully twist it, trying not to make too much sound. My plan is to just peak and close the door after I've seen who's there.

But that didn't go as planned. I push too hard and the door swings open. The people inside don't realize it at first. Until the girl looks up for a second, asking the boy why the door is open.

The boy turns around and stares at me. The girl gasps and stares as well. He takes a step back and starts to talk to me. But everything still sounds muffled.