chapter twelve: A talk

Y/n's POV

"I guess old habits don't die easily?" I said and chuckled a bit but chloe remained silent.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled and she shot her eyes up to meet mine.

"I should be saying that y/n." She said softly and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry that I didn't try to find you. I let you go easily. I'm so sorry Chloe." I said and Chloe looked at me shocked.

"I've been angry with you all these years... I didn't even think of how you felt when you found out you were adopted. It must've hurt." I said and chloe looked down fighting the urge to break down.

"Let's not talk about that y/n." She said gently and I nodded.

"How about you? I've left you alone. I'm sorry." She said her voice broke, tears in her eyes.

"I think we've seen tears shed for this day chlo." I said trying to light up the mood and she laughed her tears disappearing.

After talking for a while, sitting besides mom's grave trying to be happy like old times... feels great. The thought of Jihyo and that dick Daniel never crossed my mind whil talking to Chloe. She's always been the one who helps me through rough situations. All those years she was gone I couldn't find anyone to help me. She came back and she helped me instantly.

~~

"Hey." I said to Nayeon in the living room with Chloe beside me.

Nayeon looked at me and chloe. She immediately ran and hugged me tightly.

"Sis I need air too." I said and after she let go I dramatically gasped for air making her hit me on the shoulder, While jeongyeon and chloe laughed.

"Thanks for taking care of her." Nayeon said and Chloe nodded.

"Just like old time I guess." Chloe looked at me seriously with a smile on her face. I could see it. she still loves me.

"Don't you have to go to dad and caitlyn?" Nayeon asked and Chloe sighed.

"Right." She said and I heard the sadness behind her voice.

"Can you stay here for a while? Like old times." I said and she smiled thankfully at me.

~~

Jihyo's POV

"Babe I'm fine. seriously." Daniel said trying to stop me from taking care of his bloody lip.

"No you're not. It's one thing I learned from
y/n is that she knows how to throw a punch." I said and wiped the blood off his lip.

"You ain't lying on that one." He said and I rolled my eyes. I watch as the student left the clinic along with the nurse.

"Are you sure you want to stay here? How 'bout you go to class and leave me here." He said and I nodded.

"I'm certain." I said determined.

He smiled and kissed me. Everytime we kiss isn't the same. He always kiss me roughly making me uncomfortable and uneasy. He was always soft and caring now it's not the same. I uncomfortably pull away and he looked at me confused.

"What's wrong?" He asked pulling me by his lap. he didn't let me speak instead he trailed kissed down my neck.

"Daniel we're in the clinic." I said keeping any noise aback.

"It's fine." He mumbled and continued to kiss me going lower and lower.

I want to push him off. I really do. But He's my boyfriend and it's normal for us to do this. But why do I feel uncomfortable?

My phone rang and I stood up and answered the call not looking at Daniel and his disappointed eyes.

"Hello?" I said

"Miss park. Can you please come to my office? It's a serious matter we should discuss." It was the Dean of the school making me clear my throat.

"Sure  should I call... Y/n?" I asked hoping he'd say no.

"It's something we should discuss without miss Im around."

"Okay I'll be there in a few minutes sir."

I hung up and turned around to look at Daniel.

"Sorry babe the dean needs to talk to me." I said and he sighed. I saw the hint of disappointment in his eyes making me feel guilty.

"I'll make it up later, okay?" I said and he nodded and lay down turning his back on me.

I looked down sadly and just walked away.

'Y/n what did you do now?'

~~

"You can probably guess why I called you over here to talk about y/n?" The dean asked and I shook my head playing dumb.

"Jihyo, Y/n has been skipping class everyday and most the teachers kept asking for her." He said and I sighed slipping behind the chair. "And I heard she has problems back at her house which is why I won't replace her on the vice president spot."

I sighed in relief. "She also got into a few loud arguments and one fight earlier. Tell me is she a good student?" He asked and There was long pause.

"Sir, It's just y/n is been dealing with a lot. I really appreciate that you won't expel her but I also feel that you are going to suspend her for atleast a week right?" I asked and he nodded. "I suggest talk to her about the punishment. if she's willing to do a community service, detention for a month, or suspension. I'm sure her sister- Nayeon, would love to talk about this situation." I offered and he thought about it for a second.

"That's a good idea. I'll call Miss Nayeon and Y/n for a meeting tomorrow. You and roseanne park will have to attend it since you two are part of the student council."

I gulped and nodded.

'Fuck.'

~~

"Hey babe." I said as I opened the clinic door to see him sitting down.

"Hey I've missed you." He said and kissed my cheek and made me sat on his lap.

"I've only gone to the dean's office relax." I said and chuckled.

"So where's y/n? did you tell her to back away from now on?" He asked and I looked at him confusely.

He laughed. "I mean she did beat the shit out of me. Aren't you going to protect me?" He asked and I hesitantly nodded.

"Ofcourse." I smiled and he hugged me.

'Now what do I do?'

~~