Chapter twenty-three: Secrets unfolding

Y/n's POV

"Don't leave me.." Jihyo hugged me so tight I could barely breath

"How can I if you're crushing my ribs." I joked and she let go of me, not fully, but enough for me to relax.

"I don't want you to go." Jihyo said and I smiled.

I really don't want to either, but I have a check up schedule today and I can't miss it.

"Jihyo, I need to see Chloe today." I didn't lie. I invited chloe to meet me after my check up so I can tell her what my health problem is.

"Why are you seeing her? Doesn't she still love you?" Jihyo asked with a hint of venom in her voice. "Besides, staying with me here is way better than going out with chloe."

I laughed "I'm not going out with chloe, I'm just meeting her for something."

"You're still not going out today." Jihyo said and I chuckled.

"Please? I promise I'll come back to you." I said and she hesitated but let me go anyways.

I turned around and kissed her lovingly but quick.

"I'll be back this afternoon, then I can spend time with you." I whispered and she smiled cheerfully before nodding.

"Go before I pull you back to bed." Jihyo said and I rolled my eyes and stood up waving bye to her.

I sighed as I felt the fresh air hit my face. "Time to face reality."

~~

"Everything is still the same. You have nothing to worry about. Two more people are in Line for a heart transplant. It's going to be a long time, but It's worth the wait Ms. Im."

I nodded and stood up ready to leave. It's been an hour since I left Jihyo's apartment and I haven't felt a thing about my condition.

As soon as I walked out of the room I pulled out my phone to call Chloe.

But before I could click her name on my list someone calling me from afar caught my attention.

"Y/n?" I turn to my side, unknowingly to bump into Tzuyu here. I froze in my spot.

"It is you." She said and hugged me tightly. All I could do was froze in place and my arms automatically hugged her.

"Where have you been? I've been- We've been waiting for you to come back. And why are you in a hospital?" She asked and my heart started beat fastly.

"I..." I started unable to form more lies in my mouth. My brain stopped functioning from all the things that has been happening. It's happening all so fast.

"Are you visiting someone or something?" She asked once more. I sighed in defeat and just asked her to come with me.

Lying to everybody is too much. I need to tell Tzuyu.

~~

"What are we doing in a cafè? You've been here for a long time haven't you?" Tzuyu asked the tone in her voice changed to a more stern tone.

"It's complicated Tzu-" I started but she cut me right off

"Don't call me that. You've lost all respect to talk to me like old times. Why did you leave? Was it to hurt Jihyo? Or hurt Chloe? Or us? Your friends?" Tzuyu kept talking making me more guilty than it is.

"You don't understand, Just let me explain-"

"Explain what? You left because Jihyo couldn't return the love you gave to her? That she rejected you? Didn't you think about me? Or chaeyoung? Sehun?" Tzuyu was in the brink of crying.

I looked over to chloe and she just mouthed to me 'Explain it to her'. I looked down and faced Tzuyu.

"Tzu.." I held her hand that was on the table. "I really don't want to lie more, So please let me explain."

She looked at me with her watery eyes and I felt my world shatter. Having my friends hurt is another pain I yet to endure.

~~

"You're telling me you came back because a friend forced you to?" Tzuyu asked more calmer now.

I smiled. "She was a reliable friend."

"Was?" Tzuyu asked softly and I smiled sadly.

"Was." I stated.

Chloe looked at me with concerned looks.

"It's in the past anyways. There's one more thing I should tell you." I said

Tzuyu just sat patiently waiting for me to spill whatever it was.

"The reason why I was in the hospital wasn't because I'm visiting someone... It's because I'm Ill." I whispered not wanting others to know.

Tzuyu had a mix of shock and sadness on her face. I don't know how I should tell the rest but I just did my best to make it detailed as possible. I looked at Chloe to see her staring at the ground, I couldn't read her face. But I could tell it wasn't good

"I have atrial septal defect. It means I have a tiny hole in my heart... I might not survive but-" Before I could finish my words Tzuyu had already cling onto me.

Her tears are making my shirt soaked.

The worst feeling is that I have to tell my friends my problems and make it theirs. How they get afraid by my own problems. This is one of the reasons why I want to get out of here and start anew. But my past is clinging onto me like a leech. Even my dead mother won't stay in the grave.

Chloe just kept silent and tears are already in her eyes, trying her best to stop it. I met her eyes and asked her if she was okay. She smiled but it wasn't the same, And nodded. She stood up and went outside the cafe and I close my eyes.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry Y/n." Tzuyu said whispering. I just smiled.

"You don't have to be sorry. Because you have nothing to apologise for. It's not your fault that I have an illness." I pat her back and tried my best to make her feel better than I'm feeling.

After 3 minutes of calming her down I heard a few clicks on a camera from afar. I cursed under my breath and held tzuyu's hand leading her out the cafe. I saw chloe on my car sitting ther like she had been crying. When she saw the both of us she knew something was wrong, she fixed herself and me and tzuyu went in the car.

"What happened?" Chloe asked worry in her eyes

"People spotted me and Tzuyu hugging in the café. My reputation is just getting started here now it's ruined by a simple friendly date." I angrily said and drove us out of that place

~~

Christmas special?🤔