Chapter thirty-six: ...must come to an end

Y/n's POV

I played with Jihyo's hair, gently brushing it using my fingers. She has her eyes closed, probably sleeping. We were still at the forest but I carried her to the tent because it's way more comfortable there instead of the pick up truck.

I wanted to tell her. I really do. That's why I set this date up. I took her to the place where she felt safe, I took her to eat in a famous resturant, took her in a peaceful and quiet place where no one could disturb us when I tell her what happens. So she knows what is going to happen to me if I did collapse one day. So she knows what to expect when I lay in a hospital bed lifeless.

Since I found out that I have asd Never in my life I cried so badly in bed. I thought about how my life.. I thought about how I could just disappear so suddenly and quick. I was never one to be afraid. But thinking that Jihyo will get hurt so badly she might not overcome it hurts me. And knowing I'm the one responsible, that I'm the one who's going to hurt her.. it haunts me.

I can't bare to see the pain in her eyes when I tell her. I-I'm not ready.

~~

"Jihyo.. I'll go meet chloe. I'll be back later so we can go to the club alright?" I whispered and kissed Jihyo's head.

"Bye babe.." Jihyo whispered and went back to sleep.

Jihyo still slept when it was late last night, so I carried her to the car and drove us home. She didn't woke up so I decided to just sleep. I decided to just tell her another time.

I sighed and grab my keys heading out to chloe's apartment.

~~

"You fine now?" I asked and chloe nodded.

Chloe has been away for a month after dad's funeral. She said she needed time to think and process this whole stuff.

"Yeah.." She said and took a sip of water.

"You think I haven't forgotten the day you came in my house drunk?" I said and chloe sighed remembering the moment.

"I forgot it. Didn't expect you to remember that." She said and laughed.

"What happened anyways?" I asked and chloe chuckled, probably thinking of what happened.

"I got drunk on a club that night. nothing special." She took another sip of water like she's wishing it's alcohol.

I gave her a look of disappointment. "Drinking and actually getting super drunk in like 9 p.m isn't actually 'nothing special.'." I emphasise her term of something important. Chloe sighed and leaned back on her chair.

"I did something bad. I don't think I'll make up for it." Chloe said and she smiled a bit. I looked at her curiously.

"Are you okay? Did you hit your head?" I asked holding her head as if it was fragile. She scoffed and pushed my hand away making me laugh.

"Asshole. The night was just memorable that's all." She confessed and I couldn't believe my ears.

"You met someone. Didn't you?" I said and chloe looked at me embarrassed.

"I-I didn't..." Her voice sounded off and a little flushed. Is that? She's blushing.

"You're blushing." I pointed out and she threw me a table napkin.

"Hey!" I said and threw the table napkin on the table.

"So you did." I pushed more to the subject and chloe started to chase me around her apartment floor.

~~

"You ready?" I asked Jihyo who seemed uneasy and wouldn't stop moving for some reason.

"Yeah.." She said her voice trailing off.