*CHAPTER 40*

"Sid are you mad we don't need to obey him..."Sam Said gritting his teeths and still holding Rey's collar....
"We have to Sam we don't have any other option we can't let Di marry that scoundrel..." I said...Rey looked shocked
"Wow Sid.... I must say I always thought that out of both of you Sam was more sensible one but it looks like I was wrong afterall.... Anyway right decision.... You can get as many Avneet as you want but once your sister's life gets spoiled it's never gonna be okay again...." Rey said smiling at me....
"Listen you bloody moron no one and fucking no one can take my Avu's place.... The fact that I am choosing my sister over her is just because I know she will easily know that I am lying to her because she knows that it's not possible for me to not love her she is never gonna fall to this shady trap of yours..."
"Ya Sid obviously she will not out of all the people I am the only one who has seen the proof of the trust she has on you that girl loves you so much she didn't even question you once after she saw you and Samaira tangled on the fucking bed I mean that is serious loyalty.... But you know what even I am not that foolish you not only have to break her heart but also have to tell her you were playing with her emotions like you did with all your other girlfriends and now you are no more interested in her and after that you will confess Infront of your whole family that you are in love with Samaira that is btw the whole deal...." Rey said smirking at me again...
"You bloody pig how dare you do this to my brother I will kill you then everything will be solved Tanya will no longer have to listen to you neither will Sid ..... You shit of a person..." Sam said and was about punch him...
"Stop Sam there is no use in dirtying you hands with his blood.... He doesn't deserve it..."
"No Sid he is the only one who deserves this..."
"Stop it you both I am not puppet over here to get beaten by you brothers so be in your limits Sameer Nigam.... And besides I am not forcing your brother to do anything he has his choice he can choose whatever he wants.... " Rey said smirking at me...
"Think Sid think you may survive without Avneet in your life but how are you gonna survive with the guilt that you gave away your sister's responsibility to a guy like Jai Bhai... Even after knowing what kind of a person he was..."
I gave him a smile and said "Don't worry Rey I am not gonna change my decision so stop manipulating me you know why... Because the girl you are trying to take away from me taught me the importance of family and let me tell you she is the biggest support I have and there is reason I tell her that...... it's because no matter what she always has trust on me.... Even all this cheap tricks will fail Rey even after all this you will never get her because even if I break her heart it will still beat for me...." I said...
"We will see that Sidharth... " Rey said...
"Tell Tanya to confess the truth Rey..."Sam said...
"Ya ya sure so that after everything is finished your brother easily forgets his promise... Do I look like a fool to you as for now I will tell Tanya to stay here.... She will only speak her mouth up only when I hear of the news that Sidharth Nigam is dating Samaira Raisingh.... Then she is all yours make her say the truth Infront of Shanaya the whole family or the whole world I don't care..." Rey said...
"Okay.... " I replied...
"What is the guarantee that you will not trick us..." I asked...
"Why would I do that once Avu is out of your clutches I don't need to care about you relationship strengthening... anyway you don't have any other option..."
"Fine...now get out from here..." Sam said to him... He smiled slyly at us and went out just before closing the door he smirked and said...
"Come soon Sidharth your soon to be ex-girlfriend and soon to be girlfriend would be waiting for you in the party..."he slammed the door and went from there...
As soon as he went from there...Sam came to me
"Sid I still think we should tell Avu everything you don't need to go through this..."
"What do we tell her Sam the fact or should I say the crime that her brother did that both of them tried to hide from us is out and her former best friend is now blackmailing us to break her heart.... yes she will break all her ties with Rey but what's the guarantee she will help us to bring out the truth to everyone specially Di who is madly in love with that scoundrel Jai...." I said...
"But Sid..." Sam tried to reason me...
"There is no way Sam if me and Avu are meant to be together we will be even after whatever Rey tries but if we are not then nothing is gonna happen no matter how much we try right now no one is more important to me than my sister and I can never forget that somehow even Avu is responsible for this..."
"Sid... Are you saying you will break up with her "
"I have to.... She didn't think about my sister blind in the love of her brother I can't sacrifice my sister blind in her love I will do whatever it takes to save her..."I said
"Okay I am with you then..."
"I know... Come let's go everyone will be searching for us..." I said we came out of the room and went into the lobby where most of the people have already arrived I could see Samaira with her father too they must have arrived a few minutes ago even Di and that scoundrel were there all the arrangements where nice if only I didn't knew the truth of the groom I would have thought this to be very romantic evening for the couple as soon as we both came Avu and Rads... Came towards us...
"Come Sam let's go to the dance floor na..." Rads asked Sam he looked at me and I nodded... They went into the middle where other youngsters were dancing too Rads was dancing there but I could clearly see the uninterest in Sam's face...
"You alright..." Avu asked me ..
"Ya what will happen to me..."
"No just that you don't look fine..."
"Then may be that's your fault you took out these clothes for me..." I said in a rude tone...
"Sorry I thought you would like them if you don't you could have changed it" she said...
"No it's fine I don't have that much spare time..."I replied her back...
"Wanna dance" she asked with a small smile on her face...
"No I am not in the mood" I said not even looking at her...
"Kya hua hai Sid.... " She asked again...
"Nothing how many time will you ask me I can't be romantic with you for 24 hrs " I said...
"Ya Sid I know... I am not asking to be like that but you really looked stressed that's..."
"Avneet please stop I am in no mood to have a fight with you now if you want you can join the dance..."
"No if I am irritating you so much may be I should leave you alone..."
"Ya that would be nice " I said she stomped out of there...
"Well done Sid looks like you are taking your task quite seriously be like this and soon you will be attending my and Avneet's wedding..." I heard Rey from the back...I smiled at him...and said...
"You know Rey it's really rich of you to assume that the guy who was not able to express his feelings to her in 10 years and right now is blackmailing her current boyfriend to be away from her so that he could have his shot will be able to marry her someday.... I mean bravo to you and your confidence.... You really have a positive attitude towards life or should I say day dreaming talent..."
"I must say Sid even after being in such a situation you really don't let that ego of your go right... Good very good I have no problem with it but you know just try to control it Infront of me and try and finish your task really quick because no one knows when Tanya's father will give Her a call and she will have to leave the functions and go from here..." He said and went from there.... I need to complete this soon Rey can't be trusted with anything but I can't do it without Samaira I need to talk to her first....
***************************************
I stomped away from him and went to another corner god knows what is wrong with him what was the need to be so rude to me something is troubling him something very suspicious.... I took a juice glass and was sipping through it when I was joined by Rads....
"Where is Sid...??" She asked..
"God knows..." I replied back...
"Had a fight again..."
"I don't know what is wrong with him Rads just a few hours ago he was being so romantic and right now is behaving like I cheated on him or something...."
"Don't worry he is not the only one behaving weird Sam is doing it too..."
"Ya... Your dance got over so early..."
"Ya he was not in a mood so I told him to go and saw you alone here so came to you..."
"Do you think there is something wrong with the boys " I asked her...
"Maybe... Or maybe not.... I mean it really can be the wedding stress..."
"Oh please it isn't I mean Bhai is more relaxed then they are and he is the one actually getting married..." I said huffing...
"Chill babe don't worry you know Sid na he must be angry on somebody and would have took it out on you relax I am sure he will come after you saying sorry within few minutes..." She said and I laughed after that we went and chatted for a while with other cousins of Bhai I introduced everyone to Rads... And we were having a good time... All the guests were enjoying... But Sid didn't come near me for once infact I wasn't even able to see him anywhere... Where is this idiot now... I was looking for him and then finally saw him talking to someone behind a pillar I couldnt see the person so moved a little forward she was a girl and was holding hands with Sid who is this girl?? I waited for her to come out but got disturbed and couldn't see her face..... This guy doesn't have time for his own girlfriend but is holding hands with another girl.... I was angry like hell but control Avu holding hands is not something of a crime I went from there and was waiting for Sid to come to me and apologize to me for his behaviour but nothing like that happened.... The whole party got over everyone said there good byes and went to there room even I and Rads came back... My mood was like hell...
"Did you talk to Sid..??." Rads asked..
"Don't ask me about him I may break a vase right now..." I said...
"What did he do now...??" Rads asked...
"That idiot doesn't have time to say sorry to me but got enough time to chat and hold hands with Samaira..." I said fuming...
"Really was he trying to make you jealous...???"
"Rads if you are trying to make anyone jealous you do it Infront of her not behind a pillar hiding from everybody..."
"Are you saying that he is cheating..." Rads asked
"No Rads are you mad I mean yes I am upset a bit with him but that doesn't mean I doubt him I mean he will never do this to me he loves me too much it's just that I thought this is gonna be a romantic vacation for both of us but all we have been doing after coming here is fighting nothing else I think I am just frustrated with him nothing else..."
"Don't worry babe everything is gonna be fine "
"I hope so..." I said after awhile we changed our party clothes to wear normal t-shirt and jeans and were chatting a bit... When my phone pinged...
I opened it to see a message from Sid...
"Come to the poolside at 11 I need to talk to you..."
Finally Mr Nigam got time for his girlfriend...
"Who was it !?" Rads asked...
"Sid he asked me to come to the poolside... At 11..."
"See I told you must have got back his peace of mind and would be wanting to say sorry to you..." Rads said I just smiled at her...
"Come on let's get you ready..."
"What ready Rads I am going to just meet him not on date that I need to get ready.... Anyways last time I wore that pink crop top and he noticed it let me tell you after you sort out your differences with your guy and he notices that you dressed to seduce him the situation becomes quite embarrassing" I said and she laughed...
"Ok fine do whatever you wanna do I will go back to sleep because I know someone is not going to come back to room today..."
"Why wouldn't I comeback to the room it's not like I am gonna be angry on him for the whole night... Infact I will forgive him as soon as possible I don't wanna waste anymore time fighting with him..." I said...
"I know babe... But you know things may lead to you know what is that called... Yes patch up sex.." she said and I was shocked like hell...
"Shut up Rads... Nothing like that is gonna happen you go to sleep and keep your phone on full volume I will call you once I comeback..."
"Okay we will see..." She said winking at me...
"Go away Rads... Nothing is gonna happen..."
"Fine fine...I was just giving a heads up it may happen... So you should be ready " with that she was about to go back to bed when I stopped her...
"What do you mean by ready...??" I asked...
"My dear best friend if nothing is gonna happen between you both why do you ask me then..." She said raising her eyebrows...
"Woh.... Out of curiosity you know..."
"Ohhh.... Nothing Avneet I was just talking about waxing and wearing proper lingerie and everything..."
"Oh right.... "
"But obviously you don't need it as NOTHING is gonna happen between you both..." She said with sarcasm...
I threw a pillow at her face
"Shut up Rads and sleep god knows what goes on your and Sid's mind does it have anything rather than this..."
We laughed for a while and she went back to sleep I got ready a little bit and saw the clock it said...10:55... I got out of the room and went near the poolside Sid was already standing there.... I went and tapped on his back making a huffy face...
"What did you have to say.." I asked in a grumpy tone I need to act a little bit tough he should taste his own medicine...
"Thank you for coming Avneet...." He said something was missing in his eyes the usual charm and happiness... It looked Hollow like somebody took away his reason to live away from him I don't know why I was imagining tear stains on his cheeks he looked weak and as if he is about to break... Stop it Avu there is nothing like this you are just imagining stuff..
"You wanted to talk about something..." I said in my normal tone something in his eyes told me that this was serious...
"Yes.... I really need to confess something to you..." He said I smiled at him and then stepped closer to him...
"I know.... What you wanna say you wanna say sorry for how you behaved today and it's okay I understand you were stressed..." I said .... This was not my plan at all I mean I would have forgave him but after atleast making him suffer a little but again I couldn't resist the hollowness in his eyes it was killing me maybe I didn't want to be reason for it...
"Yes Avneet I am really sorry about how I behaved with you but the thing I wanna say to you is more important..."
"What are you trying to say...??" I asked...
"You know from the last few days you have been asking me why am I behaving weird and stuff and I had been replying vaguely that I am fine" he said...
"Yes what about that...??"
"The truth is I am not fine infact I am miserable and pathetic.... all this guilt have been killing me.... I can't bear it anymore so I need to tell you..."
I went near him and and kept one of my hands in his chest just above his heart and the other on his cheek I know this calms him down and that is the first thing I wanted to do to him right now...
"Then tell me everything baby... I know you are going through a turmoil.... I know something have been troubling you tell me may be I will not be able to solve it but I am sure you are going to feel light after it...
"Hmm... " He said and kept both my hands away and distanced himself from me..... And then started...
"You know the first day we met and had that cheek kiss..."
"Yes I can never forget it..."
"I was shocked like hell by your behaviour towards me....I mean how can a girl be not happy about getting a kiss from me Sidharth Nigam you straight axed on my ego I was angry on you like hell then after that we had that big fight where you went on saying about my father... I was angry like hell with you... no girl had ever been so out of my reach ever... I was intrigued by you and at the same time I hated you too.... It killed me that you didn't fall on my Charms.... "then he paused.
"But things are different now baby... I don't think you ever charmed anyone like you have done to me..." I said smiling back at him...
"Ya and that's what I wanted to happen I wanted to win you get you into my charm I couldn't handle it that a girl was rejecting me the Sidharth Nigam I wanted you like hell..."
"Sid I can't understand what you are trying to say here..."
"I wanted you Avneet you were not like other girls you became a new challenge a difficult one that too for me ..... a girl who was dificult to sway I was ready to do anything yo get you in my bed....Avneet you were always a trophy I wanted like all other girlfriends I had but I figured out I am never going to get you with my usual trick that's why I acted like that Infront of you made you fall in love with me..." He said for a moment I felt that I was having a bad nightmare the worst nightmare of my life no this can't be true Sid can never do this to me I went near him...
"Tell me it's a prank you are doing all this to just irritate me.... Tell me Sid..." I yelled at him by now tears had started to come out of my lids... Everything seemed shattered
"No Avneet it isn't a prank.... it's the truth.... I never loved you.... you were just another trophy to be won for me"
"No I am not just another girl for you.... You didn't tell any of your girlfriends that you love them,you didn't get jealous when any other guy danced with them.... you didn't arrange a terrace date to confess about your feeling to them... You didn't blackmail any one of them with your antics to kiss you... You didn't come at the middle of the night to have ice-cream with them in the kitchen... You did all that for me and only me so stop lying Mr Nigam because I am telling you I will kill you if you ever say that you don't love me...." I said.... My heart broke like hell.... It was not ready to accept that my Sid is saying all these things to me...
"I am sorry Avneet I really am but this is the truth I know I was wrong and will never be able to rectify my mistake but the least I could do is confess to you..."
I wiped my tears and said...
"You are lieing Sid i know you are... Even if you are not why the fuck are you confessing now we haven't slept together for fuck's sake I was in your room drunk like a fish you didn't even touch me forget that you always waited for me to get ready first we kissed only after you said I love you.... This not something you do to a girl who you don't love but just want to have as a trophy so stop lying to me I know something is bothering you.... is someone else behind this why are you doing this Sid why...???."
"No Avneet no one is behind this... I knew that I have to take things slow with you besides i wouldn't have taken advantage of you in a drunken stage I wanted you in all your senses and I was planning to do it in our trip to Mussoorie....and then break your heart once the wedding is over but the the accident happened you were so good me and my family the guilt killed me.... Once we reached here I was shocked when it turned out that Jai was your brother but still it never affected me I thought you guys were not related by blood so may be it's not that important for you guys so I continued my facade of being the best boyfriend.... But then with time I realised you guys share a bond which is more precious than even siblings bonded by blood he loves you like hell that's when I realised that I can't do this to you... You are going to be a important part of my Di's life after the marriage I can't put by sister in that situation in front of her in-laws... But still my ego never let me tell you anything to you but then something happened that changed me..."
"What...." I asked in a whisper as I didn't have any power left in me ..
"I am in love with someone she made me realise that how wrong I was I was about to loose her because of the games I was playing with you that's what always kept me in guilt I was doing wrong to you I was doing wrong to her this killed me that's why I have been behaving like this for awhile with you.... I have been confused like hell hence the rude behaviour then the sorry then again behaving like a jerk..." He said
"Stop it Sid stop lying I know you..... whatever you said to me was never a lie you love me I know you are doing all this for a reason tell me what is it believe me I will support you no matter what please tell me what it is don't do this... I know you love me .."
"Please understand Avneet.... I can't do this to the girl who is gonna be such a Important part of my sister's life I can't complicate things between you and Di it is gonna affect her and Jai's relation and I don't want to be the reason for it please understand I can't act anymore I know you are heartbroken but that doesn't change the truth....I DON'T LOVE YOU..... you need to accept this please forgive me..." He said