Part 13

Lisa's POV

"Uhm, he's Kai, my friend." Jennie said and looked down, obviously avoiding anyone's gaze.

I oftentimes hate myself for being so observant and being able to understand gestures easily. Maybe it's an advantage as an CEO yet not as a girlfriend of a cheating woman.

"Oh, hi! I never met you before, are you friends with my girlfriend for a long time?" I suddenly asked, the words naturally slips out of my lips.

Way to go! Great acting, Lisa!

I internally rolled my eyes on my own thoughts.

Jennie abruptly shoot her head up, eyeing me.

I sent her a wide smile, the total opposite of what really is happening inside me.

Keep it up, Pranpriya!

"Ah, yeah. We knew each other since seventh grade and were so close way back then, like no one can separate us, right Jen?" The guy named Kai answered and look over to Jennie with a wide smile on his face, like really indicates that he's truly happy that he met her.

Oh how I want to punch that smile off of his face.

"Really? That's great. Why don't we go eat lunch together then? To get to know each other more. I really want to hear some stories happened in your friendship." I said with a smile and I can totally sense that Jennie is so tensed.

"U-Ugh, actually Kai has to go now, he said that he has an important meeting to have right now, right Kai?" Jennie abruptly answered, obviously panicking.

"Surely he can reschedule that right? I mean, isn't it rude to refuse a pleading invitation to my girlfriend's long time friend, yes? Well in fact, it'll be my treat." I don't know where this confidence or more of stupidity coming from. What I know is that it seems like I'm starting to dig up my own grave because of this decision of mine.

Jennie was about to retort when Kai held her hand and smile warmly at her.

Don't touch and smile to my girlfriend like that, jerk!

"Yeah, sure. It's my pleasure to have lunch with such prominent people." He said while looking at us, or perhaps me.

"Great! Shall we?" I said and lead them towards the entrance of the restaurant without sparing a glance to a certain brunette.

But before we could enter, I felt a very familiar soft warm hand that stopped me on my tracks and when I look over there I saw the woman that is causing the unbearable pain in my heart.

"Yes, Love?" I said as I did my best to forced out a smile.

She then stare directly on my eyes and there I saw something in it, is it worry? Fear?

"N-Nothing." She quickly said, just how that glint in her eyes disappeared.

Jennie then walked towards the restaurant without looking back at me again.

I watched her figure slowly fading on my sight.

How long are you gonna keep this lie, Jennie?

***

We're now all seated inside the restaurant. The table is round and we're seated on this position,

Jisoo - Kai - Jennie - Me - Chaeyoung

After our order has arrived, I decided to start a conversation.

"So, what do you do for a living, Kai? If you don't mind me asking." I asked as shove a spoonful of food in my mouth.

"Well, I actually just started working at Jennie's company months ago." He answered nonchalantly and eyed me for a second before turning his attention back to his food.

"Oh yeah? I guess I should start working at my girlfriend's company as well, coz it seems like it pays good. I saw your car and I think it's the latest model, right?" I jokingly said and chuckled as I took a sip on my wine.

I can feel Jennie tensed up on my side.

I actually didn't see his car today, what I am referring to is the day he fetched Jennie in-front of my house.

Kai just nod as an answer but his tight grip on his utensils didn't get miss out of my sight.

"I bet there's already a lot of girls who ride with you on that car." I added and put an emphasis on the phrase, 'ride with you' then laughed hard.

"Lisa, stop." I then heard Jennie said in a stern but low voice.

"What? I'm just joking. You don't mind it, right Kai?" I retorted as I continued to laugh loudly that I can already feel other people's stares.

"I said stop!" Jennie then raised her voice as she slammed her hands on the table.

I just looked at her coz I honestly don't know how to handle this pain inside my heart.

"Can't you see he's uncomfortable with what you are saying?" She continued while staring madly at me.

"I'm sorry then." I blurred out nonchalantly said and shrugged then looked down on my food and started eating to avoid all their stares, especially the angry kitten's piercing ones.

"Gosh, Lisa! You're ridiculous!" Jennie exclaimed and she stood up.

"Let's go, Kai." From the side of my vision, I saw how he held Kai's hand and pulled him out of the restaurant.

Hearing the chime of the restaurant indicating that they already left, I then put down my utensils and held my head on the chair's headrest. I shut my eyes close and took a deep breath.

What the heck am I doing?

I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have acted that way.

Now, Jennie is mad at me and I'm sure that she will go farther away from me.

"Aish!" I exclaimed as I ruffled my hair in frustration.

"Hey, Lis." I then heard Chaeyoung said as she place her hands on my shoulders that made me realize that the duo are still here with me, witnessing how stupid and idiot I am.

I shoot my eyes open and there I meet gaze with the chipmunk and turtle-rabbit who had this mixed emotions in their faces.

"I'm sorry guys. This should be a wonderful lunch yet shits happens so, yeah." I said and looked down, hiding all the emotions that can be seen from me.

"We're here, Lisa. You can talk to us about everything anytime." Jisoo sincerely said that caused a small yet genuine smile on my lips.

"Thank you, Chu. But I can handle this." I said as I held my head up again but without any traces of emotions this time.

Lies.

-----

Yow guys! I'm so sorry for the late update, I'm just so caught up with my studies. I've just finished taking our 1st examination this term and hopefully I'll pass. 🤞🏻

Anyways, thank you so much for patiently waiting and for the feedbacks. I honestly want to receive and read some more. 💖

Again, thank you ever so much everyone! 💓

P.S.
I miss the girls so much! 💔😭

P.P.S.
Where's Rosé's solo? 😭 I never thought I could be this patient with this. 😭 But let's not lose hope, I have faith on our chipmunk. ❤️

SARANGHAEYO! 😘

~ BuggyBunny 🐰