Part 14

Lisa's POV

It's been 5 days since that not so good happening in the restaurant.

Chaeng and Jisoo didn't ask nor talk about that anymore. We just left the restaurant after paying and head back to our respective responsibilities on our own companies that day.

But it's been 5 days too since I was barging Jennie with my text and calls but she won't answer it all. I've been to her house and company too yet she always shut me out. I guess she was that mad at me because of my stupid actions.

Today, I decided to go to her house again because I didn't make it yesterday due to a very important business deal I needed to close.

Before going to Jennie's house, I decided to buy a cake coz yeah, it's my birthday today and I can't helped but to be sad coz my girlfriend used to surprise me every time.

For the past 3 years that we've been together, she would always greet me personally at exactly 12 midnight but now, not even a text nor a call.

I sighed and shrugged away the heavy feeling and forced out a wide smile. I shouldn't think of negative thoughts today.

She's just so busy, it probably slip out of her mind.

When I arrived at my favourite cake shop, I abruptly park my car and went in.

"Welcome to Mina's Sweets! How can I help you?" The girl on the counter greeted me enthusiastically with a sweet smile which I reciprocated.

"Hi. Can I have this cake on the lower left please?" I then said my order to the girl who still have her smile plastered on her lips.

"Is that all Ma'am?" She asked and I just nodded as a response.

"You can write down on this paper the dedication you want to be written down on the cake Ma'am." She said and handed me a piece of paper. I accepted it and wrote on it.

"Here." I said and handed her back the piece of paper. The girl then accepted it and walk towards the back.

Minutes later, she came back with the cake on the box and opened it in front of me.

"Is it good Ma'am?" She asked with her smile.

I read the words on the cake.

"Happy Birthday, Lili. I love you. From: J."

I fake a smile and nod once again.

"Yeah." I shortly and held my head down to hide the tears that were threatening to fall from eyes.

"Excuse me, Ma'am, but if you don't mind me asking, where's Miss Jennie? I mean, she always buys cake here herself at this day every year for the past three years with the same flavour, design, and dedication on it." The girl asked me that made my heart ache more while closing the black box and tie it with a pink ribbon.

I didn't held my head up.

"I don't think she can do that today." I said in a low voice, almost breaking.

"Oh. That's sad. She was always been so excited whenever she comes here, saying that it's her girlfriend's birthday and talks about how she would surprise her this time. She was so in love." She answered with a hint of sadness and happiness.

"Yes, she was." That was the only words I said before I left the payment for the cake and took it then exited the shop.

I took another deep breath, held my head up and look at the bright sky above.

Smile, Lisa. It's your birthday, you got this.

***

After buying some flowers too, I went straight ahead to Jennie's house. I already secretly texted her secretary and she told me that Jennie doesn't have any appointments today.

I happily parked my car a block away from her house coz I really want to surprise her and I won't be able to do it if she'll see my car outside.

I then walked the distance and when I was on her gate, the security abruptly opened the gate for me with a smile.

"Good morning and Happy Birthday, Miss Manoban." He greeted.

"Thanks, Hyun Suk." I replied with a smile too.

Even your security remembered my birthday. Then why didn't you, Jennie?

I quickly shrugged off my thought and plastered again my wide smile.

Positive thoughts only, Lisa.

And with a renewed happy vibe, I then walked towards her back door that leads directly to her kitchen.

I placed the box of the cake on her counter table together with the flowers then I sneak out towards Jennie's door with my widest grin to surprise my queen.

But then I was the one who got surprised.

There, I saw Jennie in front of her bedroom's room, still on her nighties that was disheveled and the man named Kai, only on his boxers and who had his one hand on the door frame, leaning for support while his other hand on my girl's petite waist, rubbing up and down, both eating each other's faces.

I could literally feel the pain slowly creeping into my heart as it beats so fast that as if it want to claw out of my chest.

When they both stop kissing, probably because of lacking of air to breathe, Jennie lean her head on Kai's bare chest as the latter lean his head closer to the brunette's ear and whispered something that made her laugh, the laugh that I used to cause, the laugh that always turn my bad day into a great one, the laugh that made my heart pick up it's pace, and the laugh that I really miss.

I slowly turned around and silently walked back towards the house's exit. My heart can't bare the pain anymore. It's too much that made my whole body numb.

"Leaving so soon Miss Manoban?" I heard Hyun Suk asked when I pass by him and saw me walking towards the gate.

I didn't answer him, I just continued walking but before I could really go outside, I turn to face him again.

"Please don't tell Jennie that I went here." I said and continued walking away.

I have a lot of feeling inside, I want to shout my heart out, to let my rage out, and to cry my everything out but the things is, my eyes refuse to shed a tear or to manifest anything. Maybe because it already cried and went through enough.

The image of Jennie smiling to that man never left my mind and I don't it will leave ever.

All I could feel is pain and loneliness and I only know two things that I used to do to ease those feelings.

I am now walking away from the pain, the sadness, and from you Jennie.

And I promise not to look back again.

Never again.

Enough is enough.

Welcome back, old Lalisa Manoban.

-----

Hey guys! This is what we're waiting for! 😍❤️

Watch out for the next chapters! 😉

Anyways, thank you so much for the love everyone! 💓

SARANGHAEYO! 😘

~ BuggyBunny 🐰