Part 28

Jennie's POV

"Hey, Jen! Thank you for coming despite of your busy schedule." I heard Chaeyoung said with a big bright smile on her face as soon as she took a seat along with our friends in the huge circular table placed here in their house's garden where her birthday party is being held.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss your birthday celebration, Rosie." I said as I returned the smile she gave me.

"And I wouldn't let these brats enjoy the party by themselves." I added as I gestured our other friends in the table that made everyone laugh.

"Stop lying there, Jennie Kim. Just tell the truth that you just wanted to get a glimpse of your girlfriend Lalisa and be flirty and such in front of us that totally makes us want to gag." Seulgi then said jokingly that made everyone on the table silent aside from Seulgi who is laughing by herself.

Irene who was sitting beside her elbowed her that made her realized that she was the only one who was laughing.

"Don't ever speak that name in front of us ever again, Seulgs. She's better be forgotten." Jisoo then seriously said.

"What? Am I missing something here?" Seulgi then question, purely puzzled as she roam her eyes to each of us but no one dared to speak.

Yet all of them had their eyes on me as if they were saying that I should be the one to tell Seulgi about what happened except from Jisoo who still look so pissed.

Our friends already know what happened between me and Lisa because we all had graduated from the same school and they happened to witness the scene on the school's parking during the reunion.

Only Seulgi was absent that day because I heard she was doing business abroad and I don't think the news already reached her until now.

I took a deep breath coz I think she deserves to know as one of our closest friends but we were interrupted by a tall beautiful human being who suddenly barged-in in the garden.

"Hey, Happy Birthday Chipmunk." Lisa then spoke as soon as she got near Chaeyoung who was seating with us.

Chaeyoung who was obviously happy abruptly stood up and faced her newly arrived cousin.

"You came." Chaeng said with a teary eye.

"I'm sorry, Chipmunk." Lisa then said with her eyes showing so much sincerity as she hand the birthday girl a small baby pink box.

Chaeng then opened the box and a gorgeous ring greeted her that made her tears finally fell down from her eyes.

"Come here, you lunatic." Chaeng said as she pulled Lisa into a tight hug which was reciprocated by the latter with same intensity and it was where our gaze met.

It was like her eyes automatically changed emotions when it met mine. It was back to the look that I hated the most.

"I'm so glad that you didn't turn down my invitation." Chaeng then said to Lisa as they parted from the hug and that made our little staring contest to break.

"I would be happier if she did." Jisoo then butted in with a sarcastic tone while crossing her arms on her chest.

"Hun, please." Chaeng said to Jisoo who just rolled her eyes and made the birthday girl heave a deep sigh.

My gaze then fell on Lisa and something crossed her emotionless eyes while looking at Jisoo but she quickly cleared it when she noticed that I was looking at her and that's when I decided to go near her.

"Lisa, can we talk?" I said to her as I reach to touch her hand but instead of answering me she turned to Chaeyoung and spoke, leaving my hand hanging in the mid-air.