Part 29

Lisa's POV

"Just make sure that the papers that I'll be needing for the next week's meeting is ready, Sana and then you could go home after." I dismissed my secretary and plopped my body down on my chair.

I looked over my wristwatch and it says 10:39pm. I took a deep breath as I close my eyes shut and massage my temple lightly.

It's been a week since I announced that Mina is my fiancé in front of my cousin Chaeyoung's guests, our friends, and my own family on her birthday party and it means that it's been a week too since I submerged myself with work. Partnered by a little bit of sleep and food.

I needed to bury myself to work to got some unnecessary thoughts out of my mind like how I shamelessly talked back to my beloved grandfather. It was never my intention to do such stupid act especially in front of a large crowd like that but something ignite in me when he started to talk bad about Mina.

I couldn't just let him do that. Mina had been just doing good things to me especially when no one ever does and I ought and willingly go against whoever or whatever that'll harm her in any way.

But the answer to the question, is Mina really my fiancé?

Well, sort of?

After driving Jennie to her home the night before Chaeng's birthday, I drove towards Mina's house cause I suddenly wanted to hangout to somehow pull myself together again and we happened to cross the topic about my cousin's party and I decided to bring her with me which she willingly agreed because I know that my friends won't even talk nor look at me, especially Jisoo or even my own family so at least I have someone close to my heart to accompany me.

But right before I went home that night, Mina showed me a ring. She said that I gave it to her when we were still together back then, saying that I proposed to her with that ring so I was basically her fiancé.

I just laughed at her but Mina handed me the ring and from that moment, I already knew what she meant. I'm not that dumb to not understand.

Yet I don't know what has gotten into me that night but I accepted the ring and placed it to her finger with a small smile while looking at her eyes then let my lips meet with hers and seal that moment with a kiss.

I practically know Mina's feelings for me because she was so vocal about it and I honestly wanted to give it a shot with her yet I also wanted to be fair to her by giving all the space in my heart to her but as of the moment, I know that deep down, there's still other someone who owns a bit of it.

So, that's the history of me having a fiancé.

But one thing that has been bothering me the whole week too and that I'm really itching to get out of my mind is Jennie's crying face and how she practically begged in front of me.

True, I was so pissed on what she had said that night but the pain on her eyes is irritably shaking the walls I built to guard my heart and I really hate it. Like, really really hate it.

I frustratingly open my eyes again and sit up straight.

"Just focus yourself on your work again, Lisa and you'll gonna forget about it." I said to myself and continued working with the pile and pile of paperworks in my table.

Eventually, I didn't realized the time that it was already morning, not until Sana barged in into my office with a cup of hot coffee on her hand.

"I see that you didn't went home again, Boss." She said and place the cup in front of me.

"Running two companies at the same time is the only reason." I answered her with a thankful smile as I took a sip of my coffee.

"You know that it makes me happy that I don't have to be a proxy on your meetings and be stressed by the piled up papers that needs your signature when you're not around but that happiness could burn into ashes when you'll get sick, Lisa." Sana started her lecture.

"You've been here in your office for a week without a full sleep and proper food. Luckily you have a nice and huge office that has a bathroom and a closet that has your clothes or else you'll smell like real sht right now." She continued that made me laugh a little.

"So what I'm basically saying is that, please, take some rest, Lisa." Sana then finished while looking at me with much concern on her eyes.

"Don't worry, Sana. Right after visiting the location of the ranch later, I'll take a whole day of wonderful sleep." I said reassuringly at her that made her sigh in relief.

"That's a promise as a friend Lisa and I'll cut your head off if you won't do it. Understand?" She sternly said as I laugh while nodding.

"Good. Now, groom yourself up Boss and I'll just make sure the chopper is ready." Sana said then exited my office.

I just remained there with a smile and that's when I decided to take a shower and get dress up.

But the smile I have quickly dropped down when I saw a very familiar brunette sitting in front of my table as I exited the small room in my office.

"What are you doing here?" I then asked her with a cold flat voice.

And it looked like the brunette was startled by my sudden question but she quickly composed herself after seeing me and smile widely.

"Good morning, Lisa. I was wondering if we could eat breakfast together. I saw this new place and they said that they serve the best pancakes in town, I'm sure you'll gonna love it." She enthusiastically said with a huge smile plastered on her lips.

"Look, Jennie. I'm getting tired of talking to you and you honestly wasting my time here so I'd really appreciate it if you'll leave my office this instant." I said to her with the usual tone of blankness and emotionless face whenever I am talking to her after the breakup.

And I was honestly expecting that she would be affected like the usual whenever I talk to her like that but to my surprise, she just sat there with her annoying eye-catching gummy smile, looking unbothered at all.

"I know, I know. But you couldn't miss it. I've read an article review about that place from a very famous blogger and she had it on the top of her recommendation list." Jennie answered, still with her unbudging enthusiasm.

"Okay. Then I'll go there with my fiancé next week. Thank you for the info. and recommendation." I said to her and sent her a quick look then I started to get the papers I will be needing.

"Okay." She quickly replied that shoot my head up and looked at her with a raising eyebrow.

"You go there with her next week but you go there with me today." She continued with wide grin plastered on her face.

I frustratingly sighed. But for a second there, I thought that she already given up which is so unlikely her. Fortunately, she didn't.

Wait, what?

Wtf, self?!

"No, I won't." I then sternly said to her and when she was about to speak again the intercom connected to Sana's table beeped.

"Yes, Sana?" I said after pressing the answer button.

"The chopper is now ready, Boss." My secretary said. I just thanked her and turned it off.

I turned around, forgetting the annoying brunette in my office as I quickened my pace to double check the papers I need.

But when I turn back around, I couldn't see Jennie anywhere anymore.

Where did she go?

I tried to look around my office, I went towards my small room, to the bathroom, and even under my office table but she is nowhere to be found.

And when I realized what I was doing, I just once again took a deep breath and released it loudly.

What a fool you are Lisa for thinking that she could stay there and wait for you.

-----
안녕! 👋🏻

Double update to somehow make it up to you guys. I hope you'll like it! ☺️❤️

P.S.
Keep safe and pray always! 💓

SARANGHAEYO! 😘

~ BuggyBunny 🐰