Part 30

Lisa's POV

"Tell Mr. Choi that he should be there the moment I arrive or else he could already expect the worst consequence of his actions." I said to Sana on my way to the helipad on the top of my building to go to the chopper waiting for me that will take me to the location of the ranch I am currently having problem with.

"Yes, Boss." Sana then answered and abruptly fished out her phone to make a call.

After acting like a complete fool in my office, I abruptly straightened my mind again and just focus on my work.

But when I entered my chopper, I saw the woman that made me look so pathetic in every little way sitting prettily inside.

"Hi, Lisa!" Jennie greeted me with a wave and huge gummy smile on her lips.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I irritatedly asked her.

"Let's talk about that later, you'll be late for your appointment. C'mon!" She then said, not minding my obvious irritation as she pulled me in inside the chopper and made me sit beside her.

I was about to protest when she put my headphones on to shut me up but with her face just few inches away from me is more than enough to keep me still until the chopper takes off.

When I found my wandering sanity, I abruptly scooted away from her so now, we're basically sitting at the both edge of the seat.

"Now, can you tell me what the heck are you doing here in my freaking chopper, Jennie?" I asked her again to broke off the deafening silence between us.

"You see, I really wanted to eat breakfast with you, Lis. But you seem so busy and I unintentionally overheard your conversation with your secretary Sana, so I thought that I could just go with you and we could just eat wherever you are going. I'm sure that there will be any restaurant or what in there, right?" Jennie lengthy said with her unfaltering gummy smile, showing how excited she is with the thought of eating with me.

She used to be like this excited before, when we're still together.

Jennie grew up with her parents always going away for business, so she basically just had their maids with her all the time. Unlike me, I had my Grandfather with me when parents are away.

So when we get together, I always make sure that she would never eat alone or do anything with her own and she used to love that, telling me how she appreciated it and how happy she is that I always consider her well being above anything else.

But she still cheated on you.

I once again felt my heart clenched by that thought.

You're still not enough for her.

I shut my eyes shut as I cover my ears with my hand, hoping that the voice in my head would stop coz my heart still feels it, the scorching pain that lingers and never leaves.

"Hey, Lisa. Are you okay?" I heard Jennie said worriedly as I felt her hands on mine that I abruptly shoved away as I open my eyes again and faced her with my emotionless face.

"Don't touch me!" I shouted at her but my eyes refuses to show any emotion.

I saw how Jennie's face filled with shock and fear but I forbid myself to console her even if deep inside me wants to do so.

"I-I'm sorry." She apologize while stuttering after a moment of silence and I know for sure that she was really startled and scared up until now.

I choose not to answer her and just turn my eyes in front as I tried to calm myself up.