CHAPTER ELEVEN: WELCOME HOME.

Long story short, Robin was feeling overwhelmed.

The trip away from the Compound had been long- three or four hours long, to be exact. Lucina had slept the whole way, thank the gods. Once they'd been driving for about an hour, Robin had fallen asleep as well. Well, he might have fallen asleep. He didn't really remember, for some reason.

It had been hard to fall asleep, but he'd managed to do it. Maybe.

When he woke up again (so he must have fallen asleep after all), the vehicle, which Caeda had called a car, had stopped. The motion of the car stopping woke Lucina up as well, and she looked around in confusion until Robin rested a hand on hers and whispered "you're safe now."

She looked like she was going to say something, but Robin stopped her. "Later, okay? I don't want to talk about it here."

Lucina's face fell a bit, but she nodded. "Okay." She replied, her voice groggy from sleep and barely audible.

It was kind of hot, if Robin was being honest.

Gods, he was pathetic, wasn't he?

Well, at least he was pathetic for the most beautiful girl on the planet-

SNAP OUT OF IT, ROBIN.

The door of the car opened, and Caeda jumped out first.

"Alright guys, gals, and non-binary pals, we've arrived at our destination!" Shulk exclaimed. If anybody had been sleeping, they probably wouldn't be sleeping anymore. "Everybody out, please."

Surprisingly, Samus was the first one to leave the car. Ike followed her, protesting slightly. Robin heard Ike's protests cut off sharply, which he thought was weird. Curious, Robin decided to exit next.

If Lucina was behind him, Robin had no idea. All he could think was that he wanted to go back inside the car.

Huge monstrosities constructed out of glass and concrete rose out of the ground, towering into the sky so far that they seemed to touch the clouds themselves. Cars drove along the streets, and people-oh gods, there were so many people- walked seemingly alongside the cars. Did those people not fear death?

"Holy shit!" Samus exclaimed, which about summarized Robin's thoughts at the moment.

"What in the world...?" Zelda asked in amazement.

The whole group stared at the busy city in front of them, in shock. How could there possibly be this many people in the whole world?

Shulk walked up beside Robin and clapped him on the shoulder. "Takes a bit to get used to, huh? Don't worry, the city isn't as scary as it looks."

Caeda had somehow made her way to the front of the group, and now she tried to get the attention of the shocked teenagers.

"Welcome to Ebonfell City." Caeda said simply, having to shout to be heard over the noise of the city. "Proud to be the capital of the middle of nowhere, famous among Wanderers as a great place to hide out for a while. Known as the City of Crime among the residents of the greater Interspecies Alliance, it's also your new home."

Nobody spoke a word. City of Crime? How lovely.

Shulk cleared his throat. "Well, not exactly... Ebonfell isn't your new home. It's always been your home. This is more of a homecoming."

What?

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Samus asked. She's in shock, and she usually gets angry when she doesn't know what to expect. Why does Robin know that? Dunno, he can't remember. Odd.