CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: OF SACRED BLOOD.

Warnings: This chapter contains a mild reference/joke concerning suicide. This occurs towards the end of the chapter. Read at your own discretion. 

It was the week before the ball, and Lucina was currently sitting in a dress shop located in the "chic" district of Ebonfell, trying to help Zelda figure out what the hell she was going to wear. Well, to be honest, she was mostly just reading a book and listening to Zelda complain that she was never going to find a good dress to wear. It was another ladies' trip, but this time Sheik was tagging along with Samus, Zelda, Lucina, and Caeda. 

Lucina hadn't questioned that, of course. She'd seen the little bracelet that had shown up on Sheik's wrist, and she knew what that meant. Nobody else seemed to have noticed it, but Caeda and Samus hadn't made a big deal out of Sheik tagging along with the four of them. They probably thought it was just so Sheik could surprise Corrin with their outfit. 

Today, the bracelet was orange, so Sheik really could have gone with the boys if they so chose. 

"Oh my gods, why is this so hard? It's literally just a gods-damned dress!" Zelda exclaimed. 

"Zelda, you know you don't need to find something super flashy, right?" Samus asked, sounding irritated. 

Sheik laughed and said "Yeah. I mean, flashy isn't really your style. Sorry, Zel." 

Samus was staring at them like they'd grown a second head, but Lucina just laughed quietly. It was quite odd to see Sheik smiling or even laughing, but it was a welcome change. A few short weeks with Corrin seemed to have done them some good. 

Zelda scoffed. "Oh yeah? Then what are you wearing, Sheik?"

They just smirked and crossed their arms. "Just a tuxedo. Nothing too fancy, since it's not my style. Besides, if you really want to impress Link that badly, just find something with a scandalous neckline. He won't be able to resist."

Lucina looked up from her book and sniggered at Zelda's facial expression. The blond girl was blushing like mad- seriously, her face looked like a tomato. 

"I can't believe you'd recommend your sister sexualize herself like that, Sheik." Caeda said casually, although the knowing smirk she was trying her best to hide kind of undermined her casual tone. 

"It's up to Zelda to decide to take my advice or not." Sheik shrugged and tried their best to hide a smirk as well. 

"You're a bastard." Zelda grumbled. 

"Zelda, look at it this way: Link won't really care what you're wearing once he takes you home after the ball-" Samus said innocently, inspecting her nails while she spoke. 

"Oh my gods-" Zelda started saying, but then she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Look, Sheik is the one with a boyfriend! Why aren't you harassing them about Corrin, huh?" 

"Because they're no fun to tease. They just tease us right back." Lucina said, returning to her book. 

Sheik winked at Zelda and said "You know it's true. Now, Lucina, what's the best color to bring out Zelda's eyes if she wears little to no make-up?"

"Why are you asking me? I have no fashion sense whatsoever." Lucina responded.

"Royal blue." Caeda said, promptly saving Lucina's ass.

"Thank you, Caeda. Zelda, go look for a dress that's mostly royal blue. Samus can help you. And when you get back with a few dresses, we'll have Lucina take a look at them and see which one is the best." Sheik was really efficient when they wanted to be, apparently.