CHAPTER TWELVE: A FAMILY AGAIN.

Warnings: Symptoms of a panic attack are described. This occurs starting from the introductions until near the end of the chapter. Read at your own discretion. 

The room was bigger than it looked like it should from the outside. It looked like it was supposed to be a ballroom of some sort, and was really fancy. Corrin almost felt dirty compared to the shining white pillars and gold leaf decorations. 

He looked around the room, kind of at a loss for what to do. How was he supposed to identify his family? He didn't remember their faces. Did he even have a family?

Suddenly, a little girl who couldn't have been more than twelve came running over to him. She was blonde, with really long hair, brown eyes, and an adorable grin on her face.

"Are you my big brother?" She asked excitedly. 

"I-I don't know..?" Corrin replied.

Another girl, this time with lavender colored hair and eyes the same color as the blonde girl's, came walking over. Almost immediately, Corrin was struck by how odd her outfit was- why was that neckline so low? 

"Elise, honestly, you can't go running off like that! What would Father say-" The lavender haired girl started saying, then looked up and locked eyes with Corrin. She stopped speaking and stared at him for a moment longer, then broke out into a grin. "Corrin! It's been so long. You've turned into quite the handsome young man, haven't you?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Corrin asked anxiously, since the way she was speaking to him as if she knew him and her outfit were making him uncomfortable.

"You really don't remember me? Or the rest of your siblings?" The girl asked, face falling a bit.

In response, Corrin just shook his head. 

"Poor thing. I'm Camilla. This is Elise. Everybody else can't wait to see you! Follow me." The lavender haired girl- or rather, Camilla- said with forced enthusiasm. 

So he'd disappointed her. Great. 

The "others" Camilla had spoken of happened to be a group of seven other kids, as well as a tall and stern looking man standing next to a brown haired woman with an angelic smile on her face. 

Corrin didn't get a chance to observe the whole group, as a girl about his age with silver hair and red eyes like his came out of literally nowhere and threw her arms around him. 

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again!" The silver haired girl exclaimed, although her voice was muffled by his shoulder. "Gods, I missed you!"

Awkwardly, Corrin patted her back, not really sure what he was supposed to say to that. "I-"

The girl released the hug, then stepped back and looked at him. "Sorry. You never really were one for physical contact, were you? But I suppose you don't remember that..." She trailed off, then shook her head as if she were trying to banish the unpleasant thoughts. "I'm sorry. My name is Corrine. I'm your older twin sister. Apparently Mom wasn't feeling too creative when she named us."

"You say sorry a lot." Corrin said, trying to salvage the situation. 

"I'm sor-" Corrine stopped herself, then groaned in frustration. "I almost did it again. Anyways! I guess I'd better reintroduce you to the rest of our siblings, huh?"

"That would be nice. Thank you, Corrine." Corrin replied, with a dip of his head in thanks. 

"Obviously you've met Camilla and Elise already. The tall blond guy talking to the shorter blond is Xander. The shorter one is Leo. Behind them is Garon, our step-dad. Technically, Camilla, Elise, Xander, and Leo are all our step siblings." Corrine said, back to her earlier energetic tone. She pointed out each person as she mentioned them, which Corrin found helpful.